Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 115

Thread: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

  1. #61
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,255

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    It doesn't matter if the out hit them. It's completely overrated. They just need to not be effected by hitting, which they were in the first two games.

    Get a lead on the Canucks and they go to crap. Happens everytime.

    And back to back 5 goal victories is not a fluke.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,346

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    3 games all.

    Wow.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  4. #63
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,212

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    3 games all.

    Wow.
    Classic fail for the Canucks so far, really amazing.

  5. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,473

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    One more in Vancouver. Tonight's game was really good. That was fun to watch.

  6. #65
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Classic fail for the Canucks so far, really amazing.
    You don't win a series in three games. Good to see the defending champions bounce back like this, too. Game 7 will be interesting, to say the least.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  7. #66
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,212

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    You don't win a series in three games. Good to see the defending champions bounce back like this, too. Game 7 will be interesting, to say the least.
    4 teams have lost a PO lead of 3-0, ALL TIME.

    In essence you do win the series if you win the 1st 3, so if they do lose it's an epic fail.

    Epic

  8. #67
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,823

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    As a Hawks fan, that game last night was way more fun than anything I've ever watched including last year's SC win.

    I've never felt my team's back up against the wall THAT much and come away with the win.

    The Hawks are a cat with 9 lives and have used up 8 of them. I hope they can keep this last one going for one more game.

  9. #68
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,346

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    The Canucks would have to fire their coach if they can't get a win in Game 7. WOY is spot on, its an Epic fail. They outplayed the Hawks in games one and two and won game three as well. If they don't manage to excorcise the demon that is Chicago this year, it ain't ever gonna happen for them. They've got the Sedins and aside from against the Hawks Luongo is one of the absolute best goaltenders in hockey.

    Patrick, I love ya brother as a fellow Hawks fan, but last night didn't equal the thrill of Game 6 against the Flyers last year. Overtime winner by Kaner....man, that was just awesome. Last night was great though, I'll give you that. I love playoff hockey.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  10. #69
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,212

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    Two game sevens tonight

    That is the awesome.

  11. #70
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,823

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    The Canucks would have to fire their coach if they can't get a win in Game 7. WOY is spot on, its an Epic fail. They outplayed the Hawks in games one and two and won game three as well. If they don't manage to excorcise the demon that is Chicago this year, it ain't ever gonna happen for them. They've got the Sedins and aside from against the Hawks Luongo is one of the absolute best goaltenders in hockey.

    Patrick, I love ya brother as a fellow Hawks fan, but last night didn't equal the thrill of Game 6 against the Flyers last year. Overtime winner by Kaner....man, that was just awesome. Last night was great though, I'll give you that. I love playoff hockey.
    Maybe it's the Reds/Hawks/Bengals fan in me, but last year, the Hawks faced no adversity. It was like it was too easy.

    They have been all but eliminated like 6 times already this year. Forcing the game 7 against Vancouver especially (remember I live in Canada!), was really a sweet moment, whereas, when Kane scored the winner, it felt more like a relief that we didn't lose.

    Seems weird to say that, but last game had a lot of emotion for me.
    Winning tonight would make this a sweet season.

  12. #71
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,346

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    Man that hurt. Amazing game. The series was won by Vancouver, but my lord I think we saw the coming out party for Corey Crawford. The saves he made last night were at times mind boggling. When he stopped the shot falling down, then the rebound as he was laying flat on his stomach should impress even the worst of Hawk haters out there.

    It'll be interesting to see if Vancouver spent themselves trying to get past the Hawks and will get anywhere or if that'll be their toughest test and they'll steamroll. I'm sure its somewhere in between. For my money the Cup winner will be required to get thru either Detroit or Washington, maybe both who knows, but they are both just on a different level right now it seems.

    Very disappointing to see my teams season end, but there is still a lot of good hockey to be played.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  13. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,473

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Man that hurt. Amazing game. The series was won by Vancouver, but my lord I think we saw the coming out party for Corey Crawford. The saves he made last night were at times mind boggling. When he stopped the shot falling down, then the rebound as he was laying flat on his stomach should impress even the worst of Hawk haters out there.

    It'll be interesting to see if Vancouver spent themselves trying to get past the Hawks and will get anywhere or if that'll be their toughest test and they'll steamroll. I'm sure its somewhere in between. For my money the Cup winner will be required to get thru either Detroit or Washington, maybe both who knows, but they are both just on a different level right now it seems.

    Very disappointing to see my teams season end, but there is still a lot of good hockey to be played.
    It was deja vu Olympics Final. Same building, same last minute tying goal, same quick overtime finish, same winning goalie. Luongo probably gave up that final goal just to make it dramatic.

  14. #73
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,346

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    playoff hockey is just something else. I was sure the Caps and 'wings were the teams to beat and between them they have zero second round wins.

    Of course those series are far from over.

    Proud of those folks in Nashville too, its been a grind to get here for that franchise, still a long way to go, but they are 'real'. I hate em.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  15. #74
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    What a fantastic series between the Sharks and the Wings. As a Sharks fan on the east coast, I don't get to see many games in the regular season, but I watched almost every minute of this series. I'm emotionally drained and I'm just a fan. I can't imagine how the players feel. There's nothing like playoff hockey.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  16. #75
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,212

    Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    What a fantastic series between the Sharks and the Wings. As a Sharks fan on the east coast, I don't get to see many games in the regular season, but I watched almost every minute of this series. I'm emotionally drained and I'm just a fan. I can't imagine how the players feel. There's nothing like playoff hockey.
    Close... sooo close.

    Big guys down doomed Wings, if they had moved ahead the Canucks would have beaten them hard, without the bigger RW's they are a very big team.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25