Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

Re: 2010-11 NHL Season discussion

It doesn't matter if the out hit them. It's completely overrated. They just need to not be effected by hitting, which they were in the first two games.

Get a lead on the Canucks and they go to crap. Happens everytime.

And back to back 5 goal victories is not a fluke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

3 games all.

Wow.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    3 games all.

Wow.
    Classic fail for the Canucks so far, really amazing.

One more in Vancouver. Tonight's game was really good. That was fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Classic fail for the Canucks so far, really amazing.
    You don't win a series in three games. Good to see the defending champions bounce back like this, too. Game 7 will be interesting, to say the least.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    You don't win a series in three games. Good to see the defending champions bounce back like this, too. Game 7 will be interesting, to say the least.
    4 teams have lost a PO lead of 3-0, ALL TIME.

In essence you do win the series if you win the 1st 3, so if they do lose it's an epic fail.

Epic

As a Hawks fan, that game last night was way more fun than anything I've ever watched including last year's SC win.

I've never felt my team's back up against the wall THAT much and come away with the win.

The Hawks are a cat with 9 lives and have used up 8 of them. I hope they can keep this last one going for one more game.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

The Canucks would have to fire their coach if they can't get a win in Game 7. WOY is spot on, its an Epic fail. They outplayed the Hawks in games one and two and won game three as well. If they don't manage to excorcise the demon that is Chicago this year, it ain't ever gonna happen for them. They've got the Sedins and aside from against the Hawks Luongo is one of the absolute best goaltenders in hockey.

Patrick, I love ya brother as a fellow Hawks fan, but last night didn't equal the thrill of Game 6 against the Flyers last year. Overtime winner by Kaner....man, that was just awesome. Last night was great though, I'll give you that. I love playoff hockey.

Two game sevens tonight

That is the awesome.

The Canucks would have to fire their coach if they can't get a win in Game 7. WOY is spot on, its an Epic fail. They outplayed the Hawks in games one and two and won game three as well. If they don't manage to excorcise the demon that is Chicago this year, it ain't ever gonna happen for them. They've got the Sedins and aside from against the Hawks Luongo is one of the absolute best goaltenders in hockey.

Patrick, I love ya brother as a fellow Hawks fan, but last night didn't equal the thrill of Game 6 against the Flyers last year. Overtime winner by Kaner....man, that was just awesome. Last night was great though, I'll give you that. I love playoff hockey.
    Maybe it's the Reds/Hawks/Bengals fan in me, but last year, the Hawks faced no adversity. It was like it was too easy.

They have been all but eliminated like 6 times already this year. Forcing the game 7 against Vancouver especially (remember I live in Canada!), was really a sweet moment, whereas, when Kane scored the winner, it felt more like a relief that we didn't lose.

Seems weird to say that, but last game had a lot of emotion for me.
    Winning tonight would make this a sweet season.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Man that hurt. Amazing game. The series was won by Vancouver, but my lord I think we saw the coming out party for Corey Crawford. The saves he made last night were at times mind boggling. When he stopped the shot falling down, then the rebound as he was laying flat on his stomach should impress even the worst of Hawk haters out there.

It'll be interesting to see if Vancouver spent themselves trying to get past the Hawks and will get anywhere or if that'll be their toughest test and they'll steamroll. I'm sure its somewhere in between. For my money the Cup winner will be required to get thru either Detroit or Washington, maybe both who knows, but they are both just on a different level right now it seems.

Very disappointing to see my teams season end, but there is still a lot of good hockey to be played.

Man that hurt. Amazing game. The series was won by Vancouver, but my lord I think we saw the coming out party for Corey Crawford. The saves he made last night were at times mind boggling. When he stopped the shot falling down, then the rebound as he was laying flat on his stomach should impress even the worst of Hawk haters out there.

It'll be interesting to see if Vancouver spent themselves trying to get past the Hawks and will get anywhere or if that'll be their toughest test and they'll steamroll. I'm sure its somewhere in between. For my money the Cup winner will be required to get thru either Detroit or Washington, maybe both who knows, but they are both just on a different level right now it seems.

Very disappointing to see my teams season end, but there is still a lot of good hockey to be played.
    It was deja vu Olympics Final. Same building, same last minute tying goal, same quick overtime finish, same winning goalie. Luongo probably gave up that final goal just to make it dramatic.

playoff hockey is just something else. I was sure the Caps and 'wings were the teams to beat and between them they have zero second round wins.

Of course those series are far from over.

Proud of those folks in Nashville too, its been a grind to get here for that franchise, still a long way to go, but they are 'real'. I hate em.

What a fantastic series between the Sharks and the Wings. As a Sharks fan on the east coast, I don't get to see many games in the regular season, but I watched almost every minute of this series. I'm emotionally drained and I'm just a fan. I can't imagine how the players feel. There's nothing like playoff hockey.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    What a fantastic series between the Sharks and the Wings. As a Sharks fan on the east coast, I don't get to see many games in the regular season, but I watched almost every minute of this series. I'm emotionally drained and I'm just a fan. I can't imagine how the players feel. There's nothing like playoff hockey.
    Close... sooo close.

Big guys down doomed Wings, if they had moved ahead the Canucks would have beaten them hard, without the bigger RW's they are a very big team.

Turn Off Ads?