Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast

Thread: NLDS Game 3 - Reds vs Phillies 10/10/10

Re: NLDS Game 3 - Reds vs Phillies 10/10/10

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'll say it because no one else will, but the Phillies are so good, that no one was going to beat them. They come in with those 3 hammers and you just don't have a chance. It was a magical season, but we faced a team with hammers. Our pitching was suburb but there was simply overpowering. They didn't hit us much and if not for a ball in the lights and a phantom HBP, we'd be playing tomorrow. But we're not. This is a good team and I cry because it's over but can't wait for Spring Training.
    I agree with this. I will actually root for the Phillies, particurally in the World Series.

As for the Reds, the pitching was good, and I think the Reds will get better. Rolen and OCab will be moving on, maybe not in 2011, but soon enough. Janish and Francisco will get their turns.

This experience will build the Reds up in the long run, like the 2007 sweep of the Phils did for them.

Thanks for an unexpectedly good 2010 season Reds!
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It'll have no effect on next season. Tey'll spend the off season spending their money and they'll start over again next yr
    I bet Mr. Votto would object to that. He's a competitor.

Lots of bitterness on here. We just went through a fun season and got beat by a better team. Just the way it is. Think I'll move on for the night. This team doesn't deserve all this vinegar.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

The Phillies are very beatable. Have them go up against a more complete lineup (the Yankees) and I don't think they'll score enough runs.

Big ups to Cueto, Wood, Arroyo, and everybody in the bullpen too. They did all they could.

Weird that Philips was our best hitter in the playoffs but he had 2 errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I bet Mr. Votto would object to that. He's a competitor.
    I haven't been able to follow it the way you folks probably do, but I've heard friends of mine saying they've read that Votto isn't sure if he plans on staying in Cincinnati. I have no idea of how long he's locked up, maybe somebody could elaborate.
    Last edited by dman; 10-10-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    I haven't been able to follow it the way you folks probably do, but I've heard friends of mine saying they've read that Votto isn't sure if he plans on staying in Cinciannati. I have no idea of how long he's locked up, maybe somebody could elaborate.
    3 years

3 years
    Cool, thanks.

I don't feel so great. The Reds tied for the worst offensive performance in playoff history in game 1 (yes, you give Halladay credit, but the Reds are not without fault), they tied for the worst defensive game in playoff history in game 2, and weren't as bad in game 3, but it was an unfocused, sloppy performance. Bad, bad baseball. Unentertaining. I can't be happy about this season of beating bad teams. I want to watch good baseball against top competition. The best thing about this season was sending Larussa, Carpenter et al to a bitter bitter defeat.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    I don't feel so great. The Reds tied for the worst offensive performance in playoff history in game 1 (yes, you give Halladay credit, but the Reds are not without fault), they tied for the worst defensive game in playoff history in game 2, and weren't as bad in game 3, but it was an unfocused, sloppy performance. Bad, bad baseball. Unentertaining. I can't be happy about this season of beating bad teams. I want to watch good baseball against top competition. The best thing about this season was sending Larussa, Carpenter et al to a bitter bitter defeat.
    It is so ugly in writing I am trying to object. Wouldn't the Larsen perfect game been a worse offensive performance. I mean a walk is offense right?

Lots of bitterness on here. We just went through a fun season and got beat by a better team. Just the way it is. Think I'll move on for the night. This team doesn't deserve all this vinegar.
    I'm not bitter, I'm outraged. The Reds are not THAT far from the Phillies in talent. They were unprepared to play this series.

This team doesn't deserve all this vinegar.
    The way they've played the last three games, they sure do. That was as bad as a team can look. We've praised them plenty for their 1st place finish, but that doesn't excuse this choke job. Us fans can no longer defend them against the Colin Cowherds of the world

The Reds are the "LOST" of MLB?
    I liked the LOST ending, thank you
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Fewest hits in a post season series ever as well.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

It is so ugly in writing I am trying to object. Wouldn't the Larsen perfect game been a worse offensive performance. I mean a walk is offense right?
    Ha! I guess the walk would be offense, Kal. I dunno: 11 hits: fewest ever in a 3 game postseason series. It is one of the worst postseason performances ever. And they have a tremendously talented team. They weren't ready to play baseball.

Ha! I guess the walk would be offense, Kal. I dunno: 11 hits: fewest ever in a 3 game postseason series. It is one of the worst postseason performances ever. And they have a tremendously talented team. They weren't ready to play baseball.
    Well two guys probably shouldn't have been on the roster due to injuries, so that hurt. I don't know if an injured Rolen is better than a healthy Fransisco, but I guess I would have rather given that a try.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?