Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 146

Thread: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

  1. #91
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,560

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I agree with folks in that there doesn't seem to be as much zip on Palmer's throws. His throws especially to the sidelines seem to hang forever and a day leading to his weekly pick 6. Would love him to get the elbow looked at.
    Lack of zip is one problem -- the glaring accuracy issues with his throws is a much larger problem, IMO.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #92
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,679

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Lack of zip is one problem -- the glaring accuracy issues with his throws is a much larger problem, IMO.
    No doubt those throws continue to sail on him leading to several int's. I thought he had a pretty good relationship with Zampese in being able to figure things out. He looks lost and his confidence is shot.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  4. #93
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,370

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Thanks to my location, I didn't get to see today's game, but Carson's pick and near pick problems that I've seen is bad decision making. I've now joined the Bratkowski is the problem bandwagon. I'm slow to jump, but too much talent for the offense to be throwing away game after game.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  5. #94
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,560

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Thanks to my location, I didn't get to see today's game, but Carson's pick and near pick problems that I've seen is bad decision making. I've now joined the Bratkowski is the problem bandwagon. I'm slow to jump, but too much talent for the offense to be throwing away game after game.
    I still think Marvin is the biggest problem with this coaching staff. Though, I imagine it's a problem that won't persist beyond this year.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  6. #95
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,280

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    I was screaming it from the rooftops prior to week 1, and I'll say it again... this team is HORRIBLY coached. The pre-snap penalties and some of the decisions themselves... just truly embarrassing.

    I don't think it's as easy as firing Marvin Lewis. We have to remember, Mike Brown is STILL in charge. Be careful what you wish for Bengals Nation. Firing Marvin is no guarantee to turn things around, if anything it could lead to a longggg slide backwards.

  7. #96
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,609

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    This team is never going to be a consistent winner until Mike Brown is years removed from being a part of this organization. There. I said it.

    We might get treated with a year of contention here and there, but that's it. Mikey running things guarantees that we'll continue to employ people like Bratkowski and Marvin, and will let things like all these penalties go completely unaccounted for.

    Marvin and Brat and even Carson right now are huge problems but with Mikey in charge, we could get rid of all three and I have full faith that we'd end up with an equally bad or worse OC, a bad head coach if it's not Zimmer, or a bad replacement DC if it is Zimmer as the new HC.

    And I really don't trust them to pick the right QB in a draft. Palmer was the right decision at the time and worked out until whatever happened that is causing his demise, but I have little faith they'd make the right pick again.

    Yea, I'm a Debbie Downer right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

  8. #97
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,063

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    I've been a loyal Bengals season ticket holder for six years running and have been regularly going to games since their second Super Bowl season when I was seven years old. However, today was it for me, at least in terms of paying good money to watch that completely undisciplined team. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with them in terms of loyalty, and I'm sure I'll continue to watch their games next year (at least the ones that aren't blacked out) but if anyone wants my season tickets for 2011 and beyond, they're yours.

  9. #98
    Miami Redhawks Redhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    This team is never going to be a consistent winner until Mike Brown is years removed from being a part of this organization. There. I said it.

    We might get treated with a year of contention here and there, but that's it. Mikey running things guarantees that we'll continue to employ people like Bratkowski and Marvin, and will let things like all these penalties go completely unaccounted for.

    Marvin and Brat and even Carson right now are huge problems but with Mikey in charge, we could get rid of all three and I have full faith that we'd end up with an equally bad or worse OC, a bad head coach if it's not Zimmer, or a bad replacement DC if it is Zimmer as the new HC.

    And I really don't trust them to pick the right QB in a draft. Palmer was the right decision at the time and worked out until whatever happened that is causing his demise, but I have little faith they'd make the right pick again.

    Yea, I'm a Debbie Downer right now.
    Sad, but so true.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

    www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

  10. #99
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,498

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I've been a loyal Bengals season ticket holder for six years running and have been regularly going to games since their second Super Bowl season when I was seven years old. However, today was it for me, at least in terms of paying good money to watch that completely undisciplined team. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with them in terms of loyalty, and I'm sure I'll continue to watch their games next year (at least the ones that aren't blacked out) but if anyone wants my season tickets for 2011 and beyond, they're yours.
    I have been a season ticket holder for about the same amount of time and I am basically to the same point. It takes the fun out of going when you what a totally incompentent coaching staff give away wins with the dumbest moves possible. Add to that constant stupid penalties and a quarterback who can't throw simple passes on target anymore.

    The only good news for the Bengals is there look to be a lot of good QBs in next years draft but I am sure they will find some way to screw that up.

  11. #100
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,028

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    This team is never going to be a consistent winner until Mike Brown is years removed from being a part of this organization. There. I said it.

    We might get treated with a year of contention here and there, but that's it. Mikey running things guarantees that we'll continue to employ people like Bratkowski and Marvin, and will let things like all these penalties go completely unaccounted for.

    Marvin and Brat and even Carson right now are huge problems but with Mikey in charge, we could get rid of all three and I have full faith that we'd end up with an equally bad or worse OC, a bad head coach if it's not Zimmer, or a bad replacement DC if it is Zimmer as the new HC.

    And I really don't trust them to pick the right QB in a draft. Palmer was the right decision at the time and worked out until whatever happened that is causing his demise, but I have little faith they'd make the right pick again.

    Yea, I'm a Debbie Downer right now.
    Mike Brown deservedly so has come under a lot of fire during his tenure as the owner. I can't place the full amount of blame on Mike right now, I think he deserves some of the blame, but more of it resides in the coaching staff and the man throwing the football.

    I see a Bengals team that has quite a bit of talent. Enough talent to go head to head with the better teams in the league. But I see a team who is so maddeningly inconsistent that it hurts to watch. A team that will come out like world beaters one weak and then lay an egg the next. A team that actually thinks throwing the ball when they can take it under the 2 minute warning, punt it away, and make a young QB go the length of the field with 0 TO's is a good idea.

    I think the Bengals need a change with the coaching staff. It has gotten stale and unlike the college game you need turnover every so many years in the NFL. And with each additional coaching change more power is removed from Mike and transferred to the coaching staff.

  12. #101
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,280

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Does anyone else wonder how differently Carson Palmer's career would have turned out if he'd gone to another organization? It's sad to think about. When that guy was right, he was an elite elite quarterback. Instead of going down in history as one of the great's, he'll go down as just another object sucked into the Bengals black hole.

  13. #102
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Mike Brown deservedly so has come under a lot of fire during his tenure as the owner. I can't place the full amount of blame on Mike right now, I think he deserves some of the blame, but more of it resides in the coaching staff and the man throwing the football.

    I see a Bengals team that has quite a bit of talent. Enough talent to go head to head with the better teams in the league. But I see a team who is so maddeningly inconsistent that it hurts to watch. A team that will come out like world beaters one weak and then lay an egg the next. A team that actually thinks throwing the ball when they can take it under the 2 minute warning, punt it away, and make a young QB go the length of the field with 0 TO's is a good idea.

    I think the Bengals need a change with the coaching staff. It has gotten stale and unlike the college game you need turnover every so many years in the NFL. And with each additional coaching change more power is removed from Mike and transferred to the coaching staff.
    Who hires the coaching staff?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  14. #103
    Member Oxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Since 1991, the Bengals have had 5 head coaches, posted a .367 winning percentage, and haven't won a playoff game. There's been one consistent throughout that time period: Mike Brown. There's a reason the Steelers and Ravens are annual AFC North contenders and the Bengals aren't. Things won't change until the stench from the top is fully removed from office.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

  15. #104
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,560

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I don't think it's as easy as firing Marvin Lewis. We have to remember, Mike Brown is STILL in charge. Be careful what you wish for Bengals Nation. Firing Marvin is no guarantee to turn things around, if anything it could lead to a longggg slide backwards.
    Mike's not going to let Marvin coach the Bengals longer than Paul did, and I wouldn't be shocked to find out that Mike Zimmer has already been tagged as the next HC in Brown's mind.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  16. #105
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,028

    Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Who hires the coaching staff?
    That would be Mike.

    But Marvin has been wildly successful during his tenure as the Bengals head coach. I say wildly because you have to take into consideration the organization as a whole. I don't know who ultimately has the say as to which coaches are hired and which aren't retained. I think with Brat it is a mutual thing between Mike and Marvin. Brat has been here through Carson's entire tenure and Marvin is a defensive minded coach. I think he is pretty hands off the offense and just wants consistency. I also don't know how much Mike wanted Brat back or not.

    I actually think Marvin is a good football coach. I just think that whenever a coach has been in an organization for too long things get stale. I think Marvin is the second tenured coach in the league with Fisher in Tennessee being #1. You need a fresh prospective and fresh ideas every so often. Now is the time.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25