Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

Re: Week 5- Bengals vs. Buccaneers

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I'm guessing we will see a new head coach. Probably will be Zim since Mikey is paying him all of that money anyway. A new voice is probably necessary, plus Mikey won't want Marvin to coach the Bengals longer than Paul did.
    With Marvin's contract expiring the best we can hope for is that he gets offended by Mike Brown's low ball offers. I don't think there is any way that he doesn't get offered an extension. We just have to hope that Brown decides to go cheap, which in turn won't bode well for the next coaching hire.

I think the most realistic outcome will be that Brown sticks with his current offer, rumored to be an extension at his present rate of pay, and Marvin returns with some changes to the coaching staff. Possibly a new OC can at least coax the best out of Palmer who is still in the top half of the league and should not be the reason this team fails.

As previously mentioned, this team plays so ugly that I don't care whether they win or lose and have reached the point where I don't want to watch. Unfortunately, my second favorite team, the Texans, is equally frustrating.
    Last edited by joshnky; 10-10-2010 at 05:36 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've never understood how Marvin Lewis has a head coaching gig in the NFL. Sorry Bengals fans, you deserve better.
    Seems like a really, really, really nice guy. But wow...now that Matt Millen is gone, he may be the most incapable leader in the league.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I was at the game and passing on 3rd and 13 with 2:20 left and the Bucs out of timeouts if that is not the dumbest coaching decision ever it is at least in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I was at the game and passing on 3rd and 13 with 2:20 left and the Bucs out of timeouts if that is not the dumbest coaching decision ever it is at least in the top 5.

Its not like Manning, Brady or Brees was getting the ball back.

But its not like you were trusing Manning, Brady or Brees with that throw either. Carson is an INT machine, and has been for a couple of years. If he plays 16 games, he will have at least 16 INTs - he simply cannot avoid them, though it's hard to when balls are bouncing off your WRs hands all day. Eventually one of those tipped passes will be picked off.

Oh year. It's still just the Bengals and they sold out again, so their owner and "loyal fans" must be happy. Keep that damn sellout streak going - that will bring more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post

Its not like Manning, Brady or Brees was getting the ball back.

After last week, I commented to some family that Carson Palmer is basically Jake Dehlomme now. After today, I'm not sure he's even that any more.

It does look like Kimo was the undoing of his career. So unfortunate.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    After last week, I commented to some family that Carson Palmer is basically Jake Dehlomme now. After today, I'm not sure he's even that any more.

It looks like that. I just wonder if he is still hurt. Didn't he have an injured elbow that he never got surgery on? He needs to get those problems addressed.

In the meantime though, Cincinnati needs to have other options. This might be sacrilege, but do the Bengals consider bringing in Michael Vick next year?

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    It looks like that. I just wonder if he is still hurt. Didn't he have an injured elbow that he never got surgery on? He needs to get those problems addressed.

In the meantime though, Cincinnati needs to have other options. This might be sacrilege, but do the Bengals consider bringing in Michael Vick next year?
    Bengals actually offered Vick a contract when he returned to the NFL so the interest is there. However Mike Brown is very loyal to his coaches and players, I don't see him cutting Palmer loose at this point. I do believe the Bengals bring a 2 in next season to push Palmer either in draft or FA.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Bengals actually offered Vick a contract when he returned to the NFL so the interest is there. However Mike Brown is very loyal to his coaches and players, I don't see him cutting Palmer loose at this point. I do believe the Bengals bring a 2 in next season to push Palmer either in draft or FA.
    I knew that they definitely offered him one back then, so the precedent for interest is there. I think a push is the most Brown will do like you said, but Vick would be a big push.

That injury thing/excuse need to stop.......he played fine in 2006 barely one year out of it. By 2007, the OL was weaker.....and it has continued.....and along with an ineffective running game and NO TE help...he started to regress.

Maybe it is the elbow in some ways that makes him inconsistent but so does the OL.

He threw great vs Cleveland. He is just not top tier anymore...he is a middle of the pack guy but Jake D? Please.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/ludwig/2...ause-of-greed/

Article from Chick on today's game. Reading it will make you want to laugh and cry. It's so sad that they're this bad when they shouldn't be, especially with the talent this year. Marvin Lewis and Bob Bratkowski need to go yesterday. Worst two coaches in the NFL.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post

It's the elbow injury that was never fixed with surgery -- which I have on VERY good authority was recommended to the Bengals and to Palmer back when it happened.

The Bengals definitely need to address the QB position in the draft at some point in the near future.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I definitely think not having the elbow surgery is a much bigger reason for Carson's demise than the knee.

I agree with folks in that there doesn't seem to be as much zip on Palmer's throws. His throws especially to the sidelines seem to hang forever and a day leading to his weekly pick 6. Would love him to get the elbow looked at.

Bad game overall, no pass rush even with blitzing every down and terrible game management and discipline by Marvin. Heads need to roll, unfortunately they won't. Why must we root for this team year after year. I for one am seriously considering boycotting this team for the rest of the season.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I definitely think not having the elbow surgery is a much bigger reason for Carson's demise than the knee.
    That's what I'm thinking.

Turn Off Ads?