Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope nobody still questions Brandon

I hope nobody still questions Brandon

Only position player to show up this series, hurt and with no postseason experience. Look forward to having him in a Reds uni for years to come.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I hope nobody still questions Brandon

i agree. them 2 errors were great j/k i rly do want him back. we spent what 72 m this yr im guessing this increases? we also can replacewith trades imo. putting valika(sp) in there is not the answer imo.

i'm looking fwd to brandon being on the reds for years to come also.
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

I hope he is traded, he is not worth 13 million

I think Stubbs showed up
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    His salary increases to $11M in '11, then he becomes a free agent.

He turns 30 next June 28th.

Signing him long term would take the Reds into his declining years.

That is not how you build a contending team.

The way it works is the younger guy comes up to learn from the "veteran" who's "earned" his paycheck. BP will be here next year, then gone. We won't be able to afford him. We will need that $11M. Valaika is the heir apparent just as Francisco will be at third and Janish is at Short.

This team will change very little next year as far as faces. We will lose Harang's big contract with that money going to raises for the young guys.

Big question is what to do with Chapman. Seems like he could turn into the next Mariano. We have plenty of starters with a great (6) of Arroyo, Volquez, Cueto, Bailey, Leake and Wood. And we still have LeClure and Maloney who would be good 4 or 5's for many teams.

Still think we need an upgrade in left. A proven veteran would be nice.

anyone think BP4 could move to SS (a position he has played b4) to make room for valaika at 2B? then we only need to make a significant upgrade at LF and not both SS and LF.

At this point Valaika is probably a better fit for this ball club.

If BP wants a longterm deal, I think the Reds let him go and we go with Valaika (or bring in a proven veteran 2B). Too soon to say for sure which direction we go though. I stopped "questioning" Brandon when we knew he was still playing injured down the stretch, but I don't think any of the Reds position players really showed up in the postseason. Offensively, we were no-shows, and defensively we completely melted down.

I think it's smart to let him play out his contract, and decide if Valaika is going to be the guy at the end of next year. Also, won't he be a Type A free agent bringing us a couple of draft picks if somebody signs him?

Valakia for BP at second base only makes the team weaker, which is the problem with choosing Valakia over BP, if we want continued success, we should keep BP, a gold glove 2B with a pretty good bat...I say keep him...

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Unfortunately all the "metrics" say he actually is, and more, for the last few years.

Fortunately Dusty doesn't pay attention to metrics.

I'd guess they spend the $13M for next year, then let him walk.
    One of Valaika or Frazier should be able to replace him after 2011.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Applegate2433 View Post
    Valakia for BP at second base only makes the team weaker, which is the problem with choosing Valakia over BP, if we want continued success, we should keep BP, a gold glove 2B with a pretty good bat...I say keep him...
    Trade Phillips for young cheap talent then use that 11 million + 5 for Crawford. Or use it to lock Votto up long term.

All Phillips did in the playoffs was have ONE good game with the bat and cost the team the same game with his glove. Phillips is easy to replace sorry but it is true. 18 HR, 59 RBI, & 16 SB with 12 CS is not 11 million worthy.

I would not think Walt care to much for Phillips the team he called whinny little b*****s is a team Walt put together

Quote Originally Posted by Applegate2433 View Post
    If we let BP go at some point, I'm assuming we'll use that money to upgrade other positions. It would make no sense otherwise.

Turn Off Ads?