Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Memories of this season?

Re: Favorite Memories of this season?

Taking my twin grandsons to their 1st Reds game, or being their when Bruce clinched it. Close, but I gotta' go with the little guys. They will make 5th generation Reds fans.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thats pretty awesome ^!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

"I don't want to embarrass any other catcher by comparing him to Johnny Bench."
    Sparky Anderson

My favorite personal memory of the season that will last forever I think will be the jolt of energy I recieved in the playoff game at GABP. I remember pausing a bunch of times during the game and looking around and saying this is what it's all about right here. I think in years to come the atmosphere of the playoffs I experienced live for the first time will out weigh anything that happened during the season. Now that I have got that taste of playoffs out of the way, next year I will only be satisfied if we make some noise in the playoffs. Also the Jay Bruce homer to clinch will stand out forever as well

Question to Reds fans here. What was the defining moment of the season? What I mean is what is the moment where you guys knew your team was going to win the Central this year?

There was a similar thread a little earlier this fall, so I'm repeating myself, but my favorite moment was Bruce's clinching HR.
    But my first (chronologically) was Mike Leake's first start when he loaded the bases with Cubbies in the top of the first & then escaped without allowing a run. That moment allowed me to think that this year could actually be different.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I love all of those above, but especially the Civil Rights game. I only make it to a few games a year, and that was one of them. I had great seats, and almost missed the play at the plate, trying to take a photo of it.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Turn Off Ads?