Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yonder Alonso

37 35.24%
  • Junior Arias

0 0%
  • Brad Boxberger

0 0%
  • Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • Zack Cozart

3 2.86%
  • Danny Dorn

1 0.95%
  • Juan Duran

1 0.95%
  • Juan Francisco

2 1.90%
  • Todd Frazier

0 0%
  • Yasmani Grandal

1 0.95%
  • Ismael Guillon

0 0%
  • Billy Hamilton

18 17.14%
  • Donnie Joseph

0 0%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

40 38.10%
  • David Sappelt

1 0.95%
  • Chris Valaika

1 0.95%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

I really wanted to say Hamilton, but he's just too far away and without much power, his ceiling is hard to estimate.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Agreed, I dont like the idea of the runoff loser auto winning the next spot, however likely it may be that he gets it. Plus it gives us more time to debate and vote to make up for the time off!
    Yep. We got, what, about 4 months until pitchers and catchers report? I'd say we have plenty of time to let this process run its course. Besides, the discussions/votes for the top prospects are easily the best and most interesting, IMO.

BTW, I was going to go with Yonder #3 when we started, as I really like his professional approach at the plate leading me to believe he'll be an impact bat perhaps as soon as next year. But Yorman's oozing with talent in all areas, and that's just too much for me to pass up. Especially when he's already producing at levels where college players start off.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    My opinion as one who mostly lurks but loves these threads is use a run-off when there is a tie, but if someone wins the vote, even by a margin of one, that decision is final.

The run-offs just add time to the process and do not determine much (since the loser is not automatically given the next spot, though he usually wins the next vote.)

Just my $.02. Let me know I should expect some change back.
    Makes the most sense to me, no reason to overcomplicate things.

For what they're worth, my nominations for the next guys to appear on the ballot:

Ronald Torreyes
    Jacob Johnson
    Ryan LaMarre
    Neftali Soto

Over a hundred votes here; not bad. I don't believe we've had many prospect polls go over 100.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I really wanted to say Hamilton, but he's just too far away and without much power, his ceiling is hard to estimate.
    You can say the same thing about Yorman. Its so tough to assign a value to a prospect who is so far away in terms of overall development as well as time line to the bigs.

Yorman won by three votes. Everyone fine with moving on? Or do you wanna do a one day run-off between Yorman and Alonso?

I voted Yorman at #3 and think it fits, so the results are ok with me!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Yorman won by three votes. Everyone fine with moving on? Or do you wanna do a one day run-off between Yorman and Alonso?
    Well is that the cut-off we are going to use for every vote? Must win by 3+? If so great, just keep it consistent.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Personally, I don't see the need for runoffs unless it's a tie or you have reason to believe that the winning margin was accounted for by somebody's acknowledged mistake in posting his vote. But I'm a Yorman guy, so that's a convenient answer.

OBM, you do a yeoman job running this thing. I, for one, wouldn't quibble with whatever you choose to do.
    Last edited by mace; 10-15-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

As an Alonso guy, I don't mind just moving forward either. At the end of the day, Yorman got more votes, even if it was close.

My vote is to late to count in this poll but I like David Sappelt at the number two and Mesoraco at number three.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 10-15-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Personally, I don't see the need for runoffs unless it's a tie or you have reason to believe that the winning margin was accounted for by somebody's acknowledged mistake in posting his vote.

OBM, you do a yeoman job running this thing. I, for one, wouldn't quibble with whatever you choose to do.
    My feelings exactly.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Personally, I don't see the need for runoffs unless it's a tie or you have reason to believe that the winning margin was accounted for by somebody's acknowledged mistake in posting his vote. But I'm a Yorman guy, so that's a convenient answer.

Agreed.

Yorman over Alonso? A little surprising.

Time for the 4th best prospect vote?

On to the next one.

Turn Off Ads?