Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN already pushing for us to lose Votto.

ESPN already pushing for us to lose Votto.

I don't have access to ESPN Insider, but the headline alone made me sick. As soon as a Reds player establishes himself on the national scene, ESPN is falling over themselves to figure out somewhere else for him to play. It makes me sick.

Here's the link:
    Votto's future in Cincy in doubt.

I know he's arb. eligible and may be hard to keep long term, but I have heard absolutely nothing yet that has made me think we're already at risk of losing him. If you ask me, this is just ESPN wanting us to be a good little farm team and fork over our best player.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: ESPN already pushing for us to lose Votto.

Hope this is okay for me to post:

It's pretty safe to assume that when Joey Votto and his agent are think arbi's this summer, it'll mean more than a Big Montana. The possible NL MVP pulled down $550K this season, which is less than Albert Pujols makes every two weeks. He's arbitration-eligible this offseason, and should expect to jump to somewhere closer to the $6-8 million range. But his long-term prospects in Cincy are an interesting case.

Asked last week about the topic, and whether he'd be interested in a long-term pact with Cincy, Votto said "I don't know."

For now, the wide expectation is Cincy will pay him arbi dollars in 2011, with an eye toward a longer pact.
    Not sure why this is "Insider" information.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Well, I've got something that says the opposite. Votto's girlfriend on twitter today talked about them buying a home in Cincy today; finalizing things today on the house.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I don't have access to ESPN Insider, but the headline alone made me sick. As soon as a Reds player establishes himself on the national scene, ESPN is falling over themselves to figure out somewhere else for him to play. It makes me sick.

Here's the link:
    Votto's future in Cincy in doubt.

I know he's arb. eligible and may be hard to keep long term, but I have heard absolutely nothing yet that has made me think we're already at risk of losing him. If you ask me, this is just ESPN wanting us to be a good little farm team and fork over our best player.
    It's probably more of a description on the state of baseball's finances than anything against the Reds. After all, it's natural to expect a player of Votto's stature to be tough to keep around long-term.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Well, I've got something that says the opposite. Votto's girlfriend on twitter today talked about them buying a home in Cincy today; finalizing things today on the house.

Is this for real?
    Votto for MVP

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Why didn't Heather just post that here?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I hope this house today is the one!! Tired of hunting...
    yes, she follows me on twitter and i follow her. above was her post today.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

yes, she follows me on twitter and i follow her. above was her post today.
    Now, I gotta ask the question if you don't mind...why are you following Joey Votto's wife on Twitter?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Is that Votto's girlfriend or are they married?

Good thing Marge is no longer owner of The Reds or Joey would be Davey Johnson'd if her and Joey aren't married yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I have a direct source inside the Reds front office at the new job. I don't foresee us losing Votto...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I have a direct source inside the Reds front office at the new job. I don't foresee us losing Votto...
    I need a job....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I need a job....
    LOL, we share a floor with the Cumulus stations.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Short of signing a hometown discount with the Blue Jays, by Votto's own admission he doesn't seem to be a big market kind of guy. That's one of the reasons I've never really been concerned with his signability.

So I've kind of thought Cincinnati could keep him around a while, unless he decided to go play for Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Short of signing a hometown discount with the Blue Jays, by Votto's own admission he doesn't seem to be a big market kind of guy. That's one of the reasons I've never really been concerned with his signability.

So I've kind of thought Cincinnati could keep him around a while, unless he decided to go play for Toronto.
    You're pretty much 100% dead on.

You're pretty much 100% dead on.
    Thanks! Excuse me while I take a moment to relish that.

Turn Off Ads?