Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone received their ticket refund?

Anyone received their ticket refund?

Still waiting on both nlds and nlcs refunds here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone received their ticket refund?

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Still waiting on both nlds and nlcs refunds here.
    No I haven't and in the words of Eric Cartman...

"At pisses me off, ats gay as hell!"

I would bet your are looking atleast 3-5 weeks, with the number of refunds needing to be processed adn all. Have you called the Reds?

I'm getting as nervous as Clark Griswold waiting on this ticket bonus.. Hopefully I won't be getting a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club.

YouTube - Christmas Vacation jelly of the month

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I would bet your are looking atleast 3-5 weeks, with the number of refunds needing to be processed adn all. Have you called the Reds?
    lol this isn't the US government issuing refunds. tickets.com is used to this, it's supposed to be done within a week.

For those of us who bought through our season ticket packages, I'm thinking we will be asked if we want to apply it to next year's season tickets.

Are they doing them all by hand? You'd think they'd have one of those fancy computin' machines.
    Sto Pro Veritate

well quick back of the envelope math 44,000 x $60= 2.5 million x 6 games = 15 million dollars. I would take the daily interest on that for a week or so. I do not think it is lack of computers or ability (they took money in instantly) I think it is simple trying to make their nut without too much customer anger/complaint.

^agreed with this one. Season before last I paid $1400 for season tickets for UNC Basketball during the staff/faculty sale. Fast forward 2-3 months and I get a call they oversold and I dont get them, and asked if I wanted a refund? Really, you think I might want a refund, what about hte interest you guys have sat on? I worked for a ticket company in college, ticket market is a dirty, dirty business unfortunately.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I'm getting as nervous as Clark Griswold waiting on this ticket bonus.. Hopefully I won't be getting a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club.

YouTube - Christmas Vacation jelly of the month
    LMAO lololololol
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    Are they doing them all by hand? You'd think they'd have one of those fancy computin' machines.
    even with those fancy computin things, they are in no hurry to process those refunds, again if you get the refund sooner then a week or two i would be shocked.

even with those fancy computin things, they are in no hurry to process those refunds, again if you get the refund sooner then a week or two i would be shocked.
    That was kind of my (evidently overly sarcastic) point. They are entirely capable of getting those things turned around in not time. It's in their best interest to wait.
    Sto Pro Veritate

The computers can handle taking in thousands of orders in a day to sell the tickets, but needs weeks to send the refund out.... sure thing. I understand the holdup for season ticket holders (to give the option of applying to next year) or anyone that didn't pay by credit card, but it's a simple click of a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Altsciguy View Post
    well quick back of the envelope math 44,000 x $60= 2.5 million x 6 games = 15 million dollars. I would take the daily interest on that for a week or so. I do not think it is lack of computers or ability (they took money in instantly) I think it is simple trying to make their nut without too much customer anger/complaint.

The interest on that for a week is around 3,000 bucks and thats at a generous rate of 1%. Its always good to know that cash is cash, and it doesnt matter if its in the left pocket or right pocket (its not like they put it a special place that is only for refunds- these companies are going to put the money to work in the markets.

These companies perform services that cost money even if an event doesnt take place. im sure its in their best interest to hold on to the money for the longest amount of time under law or their personal policy. Either of which- you were not forced to make the contract for the tickets. Lessons: 1. do your homework on when the refund can be expected 2. dont complain if they make money on the interest. They are a company who takes risks and want to make a profit

still waiting...

Turn Off Ads?