Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Least favorite sports radio personality.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Re: Least favorite sports radio personality.

Stephen A. Smith. Nothing worse than being screamed at first thing in the morning. Did I mention I can't stand Stephen A Smith?
    What if this is as good as it gets?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    Petros Papadakis is awful. Nails on a blackboard voice, carries on with stupidity. I made the mistake of tuning in to my local sports radio station in the evening a few weeks back and he was on, carrying on with something like "Platypus Thursday" or something like that for, well, I don't know how long....made it all of 10 seconds.

To give you an example, hold your nose and scream the stupidest thing you can think of over and over again, pause, talk Southern Cal football, pause, go back to screaming stupidity and you have Petros Pterodactyl.
    I used to think the exact same thing, but I have actually warmed up to Petros and Money a little bit. The show has a slightly quirky format and when they do guest interviews they are always good.

His voice can be pretty grating though.

A great sampling of what Colin Cowherd has to offer can be found over in FJM's archives:

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/search/...olin%20cowherd

Colin Cowherd Nonsensical Falsehood of the Day
    Driving in this morning, heard Cowbones lay this little ditty on his army of listeners (paraphrase):

Lou Pinella, when he was a player, was the kind of guy who never took a day off.

Lou Pinella, games played:

1969: 135
    70: 144
    71: 126
    72: 151
    73: 144
    74: 140
    75: 74
    76: 100
    77: 103
    78: 130
    79: 130
    80: 116
    81: 60
    82: 102
    83: 53

So...it's truer to say that Lou Pinella, as a player, never didn't take a day off.

Colin Cowherd once again proving: you can just say anything you want and no one will care.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    A great sampling of what Colin Cowherd has to offer can be found over in FJM's archives:

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/search/...olin%20cowherd
    The hall of fame piece on this link is exactly what I'm talking about with him. Guy just refuses to use relevant facts with anything he says. Unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    The hall of fame piece on this link is exactly what I'm talking about with him. Guy just refuses to use relevant facts with anything he says. Unbearable.
    I would have copied and pasted that but I don't think it would have met RZ PC standards...

The worst sports radio hosts in my opinion are Scott Ferell (the guy who sounds like Froggy from Our Gang) and JT the Brick. If you want to really listen to terrible sports radio just listen to some of the over night guys.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I would also like to add Tony Bruno. A 50 year old man trying to sound hip when talking to 20-something defensive backs is just painful. Not to mention there are sound effect after every other sentence he makes. IMO if you need so many sound effects, you are not that good.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I would also like to add Tony Bruno. A 50 year old man trying to sound hip when talking to 20-something defensive backs is just painful. Not to mention there are sound effect after every other sentence he makes. IMO if you need so many sound effects, you are not that good.
    Amen to that. Same with Steve Czabin to a lesser extent. On the other hand, it's a morning show so I give Czabe a little more leeway, as he has to be a little wild and crazy and loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post

I agree but who is the majority actually listening to this guy? Probably not too many deep thinkers out there doing that with much care for any facts.

Cowherd is such a worm. He is like a tall stick figure. I think Dusty could have snapped him in two and used him as his own personal toothpick.

Turn Off Ads?