Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Russa extension likely?

La Russa extension likely?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5688345

Could this mean Rasmus is packing his bags?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: La Russa extension likely?

My first reaction is that I wish he would just go away. But, I am going to hate the Cardinals with or without him, and he probably did more harm than good to his team this year. When Dusty signed up for another two years here, that probably settled it. If ever team seemed in obvious need of a facelift this year it was the team that could not beat an opponent with a losing record all year long.

Mozoliak (sp) probably figures keeping this guy around is the best way to try and get Albert to sign his next deal. Their poison.

We can only hope.

We can only hope he goes away. He's still an excellent manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala View Post
    Mozoliak (sp) probably figures keeping this guy around is the best way to try and get Albert to sign his next deal. Their poison.
    I think that's a good bet. While most Cardinals fans were hoping LaRussa would go away (some secretly and some not so secretely), Albert remains a huge LaRussa fan. I'm not a huge LaRussa fan, but I'd rather keep him if it means we have a better chance of keeping Pujols.

As long as he's not involved with the Reds, I'm happy.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    I think that's a good bet. While most Cardinals fans were hoping LaRussa would go away (some secretly and some not so secretely), Albert remains a huge LaRussa fan. I'm not a huge LaRussa fan, but I'd rather keep him if it means we have a better chance of keeping Pujols.
    Never keep a manager around because your star player wants him around. You can't let the inmates run the asylum. Albert may like Tony but if it has come time for LaRussa and the Cards to part ways its time. Winning is the ultimate elixir. If the Cards win without LaRussa you think Albert is going to be upset?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/new...=.jsp&c_id=stl

Tony Doubleday to return...or is it Abner LaRussa?

Woo hoo!
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

And they fired their bullpen coach, since somebody had to take blame for their miserable record down the stretch this season.

Methinks that Sir Walter was on the right side of whatever front office turmoil was going on when he was ousted.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I want to know if Rasmus is on his way out. Both La Russa and Pujols aren't big fans and both have been public about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I want to know if Rasmus is on his way out. Both La Russa and Pujols aren't big fans and both have been public about it.
    I doubt it! Jeff Luhnow is a Rasmus fan.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Wait, I missed it. What did Pujols say about Rasmus?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Wait, I missed it. What did Pujols say about Rasmus?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...uspujols090510

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    And they fired their bullpen coach, since somebody had to take blame for their miserable record down the stretch this season.
    Marty Mason is a good bullpen coach. The bullpen did their job in 2010. Mason was fired because he talked to Mo and criticized Luhnow and the direction the organization is taking in their minor leagues. I don't agree with the firing, but that's what happened.

Turn Off Ads?