Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Website Advice

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Website Advice

Hi everyone, looking for some advice for my new business venture.

I just voluntarily left Allstate to open up my own independent agency.

I would like to have some web presence in the form of a great looking website and some email template style newletters that I can send my clients and prospective clients.

The website really needs to look sharp as we are on our own- we now represent major companies like Mercury, Travelers, and Progressive, and I want to represent ourselves accordingly.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Do I buy a website template, or have a company design one from scratch? This is a little new for me, any help is appreciated. I already have the domain and web address secured....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Website Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Hi everyone, looking for some advice for my new business venture.

I just voluntarily left Allstate to open up my own independent agency.

I would like to have some web presence in the form of a great looking website and some email template style newletters that I can send my clients and prospective clients.

The website really needs to look sharp as we are on our own- we now represent major companies like Mercury, Travelers, and Progressive, and I want to represent ourselves accordingly.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Do I buy a website template, or have a company design one from scratch? This is a little new for me, any help is appreciated. I already have the domain and web address secured....
    I'd say, don't try to do it yourself. Hire marketing and web design professionals -- people who understand color schemes, layouts, and fonts as well as the technical stuff.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Don't buy a template. Get someone to design it for you, expect to pay $1000+. Make sure the site is a CMS and you get training. You don't want to pay someone to update your site when you or your assistant/employees can do it with a browser.

Decide what features you want. a calendar, blog like features, polls, etc.

Discuss SEO (Search Engine Optimization) any edge you can get to give you better rankings on google. 10 clients signed via the web will likely pay for your site.

See if there is existing insurance/web software. Use Craft Syntax's Live Help to interact with web visitors.

just a few thoughts. PM me if you have any other questions.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the advice.

Really appreciate it!

Turn Off Ads?