Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Joey Votto for?

Would you trade Joey Votto for?

Would you trade Joey Votto for Zach Greinke, Joakim Soria, and Alex Gordon. I know the reds would have to give up more but if they were able to put say Coco and Homer Bailey would you make that deal. Now I know this will get all sorts of people mad but hear me out. I think Votto is one of the best if not the best player in baseball and I would hate to see him go but all feelling aside he could fetch alot of talent in return. He plays a position that is easy to get production out of and I think Alonso could do just that. He will put up good numbers if he played a full year there. So the way I see it is the Reds down grade at one position and upgrade at two possibly three. If that wasn't enough to get those three guys I would throw in Fransisco or almost any other prospect.

Let the kids play!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you trade Joey Votto for?

It may be a good trade from a value perspective, but you also have to think about it from a team building and fan base building perspective. A lot of people in the Cincinnati area have a huge attachment to Votto that would be damaged if he were traded. Also, in building a team sooner or later you have to pick your guys that you want to build around and stick with them. Votto is a guy you can build around, and I think the management should stick with him. If you do everything else right in putting players around him, he can keep you good for a long time.

Recovering Cubs Fan

If I traded Votto, I would look to Toronto. If he became available, I bet they'd want him really badly.

Come to think of it, Jose Bautista would be a pretty good fit here.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Yeah, trade him for a box of rocks. He sucks.

What year did the Cards win the World Series? And who was the best hitter in their lineup?

Enough said.

You build your team around a guy like this.

And how does everyone know that Greinke is still a #1 talent? He had an ERA over 4.00 this season and a losing record (on a bad team I realize). Maybe he already peaked and will become more average from here on out?

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    Would you trade Joey Votto for Zach Greinke, Joakim Soria, and Alex Gordon. I know the reds would have to give up more but if they were able to put say Coco and Homer Bailey would you make that deal. Now I know this will get all sorts of people mad but hear me out. I think Votto is one of the best if not the best player in baseball and I would hate to see him go but all feelling aside he could fetch alot of talent in return. He plays a position that is easy to get production out of and I think Alonso could do just that. He will put up good numbers if he played a full year there. So the way I see it is the Reds down grade at one position and upgrade at two possibly three. If that wasn't enough to get those three guys I would throw in Fransisco or almost any other prospect.
    NO!!! Trading Votto is the dumbest thing this team could possibly do. You finally have a high profile stud that can single handedly make the players around him better, there is no way I trade Votto, period. He is as close to untouchable as they come.

-The Insider-

The Royals don't need a first baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    The Royals don't need a first baseman.
    Yup, and I don't think the Reds really need Zack Greinke, or most other available starting pitchers for that matter.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by SullyGator View Post
    Yup, and I don't think the Reds really need Zack Greinke, or most other available starting pitchers for that matter.
    The Reds could use an ace.

The Royals, have two or three guys that could play first base. Billy Butler (who's gonna DH), Eric Hosmer, and even Mike Moustakas could all play first.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    If I traded Votto, I would look to Toronto. If he became available, I bet they'd want him really badly.

Come to think of it, Jose Bautista would be a pretty good fit here.
    Jose Bautista is overrated, bad fit.

So Jose Bautista finally has a good season and people want to trade Joey Votto for him?

Good Grief.............

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    So Jose Bautista finally has a good season and people want to trade Joey Votto for him?

Good Grief.............
    For some reason people can't seem to figure out there is an explanation for Joey Votto being able to pull in a ton in a trade. It's because he's a complete stud, and the Reds are lucky enough to have him.

-The Insider-

Yea, I'm so not sold on Bautista. I hope he continues it but I wouldn't look to trade anything big for him.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Think about how good Joey's numbers might be if he had a Matt Holliday type hitter hitting behind him?

LOL, trade Votto? I will pretend I didn't read that. NO Way IN HELL would I trade him. If the Reds want Zach Greinke they can get him without the thought of Votto, Volquez, Cueto, Bailey etc. There is a reason why the Royals are listening to " all " offers. the question is why?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRoseBelongs View Post
    LOL, trade Votto? I will pretend I didn't read that. NO Way IN HELL would I trade him. If the Reds want Zach Greinke they can get him without the thought of Votto, Volquez, Cueto, Bailey etc. There is a reason why the Royals are listening to " all " offers. the question is why?
    I still say that the Reds should go to Votto and gauge his interest in a longterm deal, if he balks they should trade him while he is cheap and his value is at its peak.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?