Turn Off Ads?

Thread: For the Board CFOs

For the Board CFOs

What is the consensus on the Reds maximum sustainable payroll the next 5 years?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Recovering Cubs Fan

Re: For the Board CFOs

I think you're looking for the board with the smart people. You need to know the secret handshake and stuff. This is the board where people think Carl Crawford and Cliff Lee are realistic FA targets for The Reds.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Why aren't they realistic targtes? Realistically, they will never sign with the Reds, but you could realistically target them anyway.
    Sto Pro Veritate

CFOs aren't especially smart I suppose. I was looking at the payroll off a Google link, ESPN and a Fay link, and trying to decide whether or not we could fill enough holes to make it to the WS next year. It seems to me that 80 million is not out of the realm of possible with 300k more fannies in the seats, but that looked to me to be about the ceiling. The Giants are what, 98 million and they seem to have a good shot from the 1st 2 games. For some reason all the off season wish listing seems a bit out of sync without some idea of a budget, however fun that may be this winter. So before I dissect the payroll, and try to decide whether or not this player can be retained, traded or signed, how about somebody gives me an idea of the budget available? There are people here that can make good educated guesses.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Helms1 View Post
    CFOs aren't especially smart I suppose. I was looking at the payroll off a Google link, ESPN and a Fay link, and trying to decide whether or not we could fill enough holes to make it to the WS next year. It seems to me that 80 million is not out of the realm of possible with 300k more fannies in the seats, but that looked to me to be about the ceiling. The Giants are what, 98 million and they seem to have a good shot from the 1st 2 games. For some reason all the off season wish listing seems a bit out of sync without some idea of a budget, however fun that may be this winter. So before I dissect the payroll, and try to decide whether or not this player can be retained, traded or signed, how about somebody gives me an idea of the budget available? There are people here that can make good educated guesses.
    This guy looked like he went to some trouble:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=2011+payroll
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post

Unlike running my life, my family and my business, this is serious stuff. It's about passion without consequence, commitment without risks, it's the Reds.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post

What kind of an idiot would put that much time into something like that? :

Turn Off Ads?