Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #6 prospect?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

1 1.06%
  • Brad Boxberger

0 0%
  • Daniel Corcino

0 0%
  • Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • Zack Cozart

20 21.28%
  • Danny Dorn

1 1.06%
  • Juan Duran

2 2.13%
  • Juan Francisco

20 21.28%
  • Todd Frazier

10 10.64%
  • Yasmani Grandal

33 35.11%
  • Ismael Guillon

1 1.06%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Donnie Joseph

1 1.06%
  • Ryan LaMarre

0 0%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

1 1.06%
  • Felix Perez

0 0%
  • David Sappelt

2 2.13%
  • Neftali Soto

0 0%
  • Ronald Torreyes

1 1.06%
  • Chris Valaika

1 1.06%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #6 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #6 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Aroldis Chapman, LHP
    Prospect #2 - Devin Mesoraco, C
    Prospect #3 - Yorman Rodriguez, CF
    Prospect #4 - Yonder Alonso, 1B
    Prospect #5 - Billy Hamilton, SS

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #6 prospect?

I really hope Yorman Rodriguez is an option again. But if not, I'll go with Todd Frazier.

At this point I think you have go to go with a player who is going to become a major leaguer. Cozart will play in the bigs.

cozart for the same reasons listed when I picked him at 5. (I'd have probably gone Hamilton here)

-The Insider-

I don't get why everyone is so down on Frazier all of a sudden. He went from number 1 down to not even in the top 5? He had a really bad season yes, but he has picked it up in the second half and is tearing it up in winter ball.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I don't get why everyone is so down on Frazier all of a sudden. He went from number 1 down to not even in the top 5? He had a really bad season yes, but he has picked it up in the second half and is tearing it up in winter ball.
    I think it's wishful thinking for some people. The Reds would be in better shape if they had a successful shortstop as opposed to a successful left fielder.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

It isn't so much that everyone is down on him, though I think everyone should be a little bit compared to last season, but other guys just took steps forward to pass him.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    At this point I think you have go to go with a player who is going to become a major leaguer. Cozart will play in the bigs.
    Then shouldn't you have voted for the guy on the list who actually has major league experience in Francisco?

I voted for Francisco who continues to tear up AAA.

If I hadn't voted for Francisco, I would have voted Grandal who is one of the most highly touted draft picks in the country.

Frazier has a lot to prove at AAA. Cozart needs to do better than a .310 OBP and .726 OPS at AAA. I would have Frazier and Cozart at 8 and 9.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-21-2010 at 03:33 PM.

I can't speak for others but I think there are a lot of reasons why Frazier isn't as highly regarded now as he was this time last season.

1. He really struggled in the first half of the season and despite the fact that he bounced back in th second half he still finished with a less than impressive stat line of .258 / .333 / .781.

2. He still doesn't have a set position. IMHO his bat doesn't profile well enough to be an above average LF or 1B and the fact that the Reds still haven't given him full time 3B duty makes me think they don't see him as an everyday 3B. As such it looks like he's destined to end up as a super sub rather than an everyday player, which makes him less valuable than the players voted ahead of him.

3. There is more top end talent in the system right now than there was last season. In the past season the Reds have added Chapman and Yasmani Grandal to the system, watched Mesoraco blossom into a potential above average catcher and watched high some of their toolsy, young players put together great seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I voted for Francisco who continues to tear up AAA.

If I hadn't voted for Francisco, I would have voted Grandal who is one of the most highly touted draft picks in the country.

Frazier has a lot to prove at AAA. Cozart needs to do better than a .310 OBP and .726 OPS at AAA. I would have Frazier and Cozart at 8 and 9.
    I can get behind this thinking!

Senor Votto

I feel like Grandal has the most potential out of all those on the poll

For me, I haven't been terribly high on Frazier from the get-go. He's not really done anything that grabs me and says, "wow." I think he has the chance to be a decent major league player, but I'd like to see more consistency.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

If you sort the Bats stats by AB's Cozart and Frazier are #1 and #2, and it's amazing how similar their stats are. And Frazier actually tops him pretty much across the board. I think the Reds think they can put Frazier at 3b any time they want.

Still, I haven't made up my mind yet between a few guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    And Frazier actually tops him pretty much across the board. I think the Reds think they can put Frazier at 3b any time they want.

If Frazier were a future third baseman, you would think the Reds would play him there more often.

Is he so great defensively that he can learn third base without actually playing there?

Turn Off Ads?