Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many people are on your ignore list?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll

72 85.71%
  • 1-5

10 11.90%
  • 6-10

1 1.19%
  • 11-15

0 0%
  • 16-20

0 0%
  • 21-25

0 0%
  • 26-30

0 0%
  • 31-35

0 0%
  • 36-40

0 0%
  • can't count that high

1 1.19%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many people are on your ignore list?

Re: How many people are on your ignore list?

The teachers thread has lengthened it by one, I'll tell you that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    FCB is a quality guy, you may think his baseball POV is askew, but he's a quality guy IMO.

I also thought the 1st post laid out some pretty good ground rules for the discussion, I suppose you didn't.
    I rarely agreed with him, but I liked reading FCB.

I can't imagine putting someone on ignore. I don't think I'd let what someone else wrote bother me that much.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I rarely agreed with him, but I liked reading FCB.

I can't imagine putting someone on ignore. I don't think I'd let what someone else wrote bother me that much.
    I used to think he was roll on te floor funny then something weird happened. I would click view sometimes on his hidden posts and was quickly reminded why I added him to mine.

I'm going to leave this thread open on one condition: don't let this turn into an airing of grievances. Save that for Festivus.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    FCB is a quality guy, you may think his baseball POV is askew, but he's a quality guy IMO.

I also thought the 1st post laid out some pretty good ground rules for the discussion, I suppose you didn't.
    I love the guy, and my post in the Peanut Gallery thread supports that. You can also click on the votes and see that I have never ignored anybody...

I don't have anyone on the ignore list. I like reading contraian views. It gives you an overall perspective of things. I don't want to read all "rah-rah" stuff all the time. That was one reason I kinda liked FCB. Went over the top at times and when that happened I just went on by.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Yeah, mine is at 0 as well. After all, this is an internet bulletin board. If I get upset enough in here to put someone on ignore, I really need to go do something else because I am taking this entirely too seriously. At the end of the day, this is all just bit and bytes on some server out in the ether and isn't flesh and blood that affects my life. Just me, YMMV.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

0, and will probably stay that way. I tried it once and wasn't a fan.

Hopefully most of you can read this.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

If I were asked to put together a list of posters in ORG whose posts I even actively dislike, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with any names. I don't visit the Sun Deck often enough to describe anyone's posting history there as good or bad.

I've only been around since July, but I haven't put anyone on ignore. I actually enjoy extreme opinions, even if they are as different from my own as possible. A bunch of like opinions would make for a dull message board community, IMO. So lets all agree to disagree occasionally and toss back a couple cold ones along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I've only been around since July, but I haven't put anyone on ignore. I actually enjoy extreme opinions, even if they are as different from my own as possible. A bunch of like opinions would make for a dull message board community, IMO. So lets all agree to disagree occasionally and toss back a couple cold ones along the way.

I like this guy!

Hmmm...I wonder how the board would look different if I just began ignoring people randomly. What would the swiss cheese effect do to the flow of conversations? Would the board become a hopeless mess or maybe a postmodern work of art?

Zero. There are a few posters whom I am less likely to read, but no one is on an "ignore" list.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I used to have 2, but that was years ago and they're long gone. They were just miserable trolls and I liked the site enough that I wasn't going to let 1 or 2 people chase me away without at least trying to ignore them.

Now, about the only person I want to ignore is myself at times, but that's a bit hard to do.

I'm ignoring Roy Tucker. He's a real son of a gun.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?