Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

0 0%
  • Brad Boxberger

0 0%
  • Daniel Corcino

0 0%
  • Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • Zack Cozart

26 24.30%
  • Danny Dorn

2 1.87%
  • Juan Duran

3 2.80%
  • Juan Francisco

32 29.91%
  • Todd Frazier

31 28.97%
  • Ismael Guillon

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Donnie Joseph

2 1.87%
  • Ryan LaMarre

0 0%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

3 2.80%
  • Felix Perez

0 0%
  • David Sappelt

3 2.80%
  • Neftali Soto

1 0.93%
  • Ronald Torreyes

3 2.80%
  • Chris Valaika

1 0.93%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    There's no way? Certainly there's a way. I saw them both play day in and day out and Francisco was clearly the better player. Clearly.
    You saw them play every day in Louisville. If you want to go by those standards, you might as well say Kevin Barker is better than both Juan Francisco and Todd Frazier.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Probably should have asked this sooner but just to get some clarification... do you guys want to use a run-off votes in close polls like this? In years past a two vote difference or less resulted in a run-off. Right now it's looking like this poll will fit that criteria as Francisco leads Frazier by one vote with an hour remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Probably should have asked this sooner but just to get some clarification... do you guys want to use a run-off votes in close polls like this? In years past a two vote difference or less resulted in a run-off. Right now it's looking like this poll will fit that criteria as Francisco leads Frazier by one vote with an hour remaining.
    We've been using the 3 votes or less as a runoff. I think that should continue.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

If it's not a tie just declare a winner and move on. The two or three vote difference runoffs have always seemed pointless to me.

How about this.

Have the run-off. The winner gets 7th place. The loser gets 8th place.

I know it's possible the loser could lose in the next full round, but it's boring to be considering the same guys for too many multiple rounds.

Run-off. Winner gets the next spot. Loser gets the following spot.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    You saw them play every day in Louisville. If you want to go by those standards, you might as well say Kevin Barker is better than both Juan Francisco and Todd Frazier.
    Only if you ignore how old each of those players is. If Barker did what he did in 2009 and was 23 years old, he'd be high on our list.

And I say winner take all. No run-offs.

Francisco won by a vote. I'm about to leave for a few hours, you guys decide on what you want to do (run-off or no) and I'll start the new poll when I get home.

Francisco won by a vote. I'm about to leave for a few hours, you guys decide on what you want to do (run-off or no) and I'll start the new poll when I get home.
    We've done runoffs before, so I think we need to be consistent.

There were 40-some people that didn't vote for Francisco or Frazier. I say give them an opportunity to decide on those two.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

There were 40-some people that didn't vote for Francisco or Frazier. I say give them an opportunity to decide on those two.
    That's what I'm thinking. It's up to you guys though.

One vote difference..... I would be up for a run off, but either way is fine. Like viewing the discussion as it makes me feel baseball is right around the corner.

I'd like the runoff. I voted for Cozart but would vote for Frazier in a runoff.

IMO, whenever a new vote happens, Gregorius should be added to the list. Probably HRod too. Both of those guys are better prospects than several players now listed, IMO.

I'd like a runoff...Hey, there's no hurry; we've got a long, long winter to get this done.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Who said I haven't seen them both play? I have, and I'm not changing my tune. As I've said repeatedly in this thread, I don't think Francisco is very good defensively at third and his approach at the plate is not one that is likely to translate to Major League success. In fact, Todd Frazier played 35 games at third this year in Louisville: committing 3 errors. Franciso committed 11 errors at Louisville in 62 games.

Francisco has better tools. No one is arguing that. But better tools won't always win out and I don't see Francisco being much at the next level. Not that I think Frazier will either. I think he's more of a solid but not spectacular guy.
    I agree that Francisco isn't very good at third, but his arm makes up for much of that. Too, the Reds like him enough to keep him there and to move Frazier to LF (which is his likely major league position). That tells me one of two things:
    1) Either they think Francisco is trade bait and they're shining him up for trade at his most attractive defensive position. This option makes little sense with the way Cincinnati has played him, however, as they've basically bounced him along the I-71 shuttle last season, rather than letting him destroy AAA pitching.
    2) They like Francisco at third and think Frazier profiles in a less defined role playing around the diamond. This makes sense, as Frazier played three defensive positions and eventually settled on playing him in left field. Since Sweet and Cincinnati had both Francisco and Frazier as options for 3B/LF and went with Francisco, it stands to reason they think the kid can play there.

As to not being much at the next level, that's been said about Francisco for three years now. Next year at a new level, he's sure to struggle, Redszone experts have said. Yet, year after year, he not only doesn't struggle, he improves.

Francisco's OPS has gone 718 to 763 to 799 to 847 to 890.

Meanwhile, Frazier's OPS has gone from 943 to 853 to 832 to 781.

Agreed
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Turn Off Ads?