Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

0 0%
  • Brad Boxberger

0 0%
  • Daniel Corcino

0 0%
  • Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • Zack Cozart

26 24.30%
  • Danny Dorn

2 1.87%
  • Juan Duran

3 2.80%
  • Juan Francisco

32 29.91%
  • Todd Frazier

31 28.97%
  • Ismael Guillon

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Donnie Joseph

2 1.87%
  • Ryan LaMarre

0 0%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

3 2.80%
  • Felix Perez

0 0%
  • David Sappelt

3 2.80%
  • Neftali Soto

1 0.93%
  • Ronald Torreyes

3 2.80%
  • Chris Valaika

1 0.93%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Aroldis Chapman, LHP
    Prospect #2 - Devin Mesoraco, C
    Prospect #3 - Yorman Rodriguez, CF
    Prospect #4 - Yonder Alonso, 1B
    Prospect #5 - Billy Hamilton, SS
    Prospect #6 - Yasmani Grandal, C

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

I think the curiosity is going to kick in when we get to #10. It appears that Francisco/Frazier/Cozart will occupy spots 7-9 in whatever order (and any order would be agreeable to me). This top-40 has assumed that pattern like no other poll I can recall--a player or two or a few dominating each vote.

All of which begs the question: Who are you liking at #10? Sappelt for his recent season? Valaika for his readiness? Possibly Torreyes for the splash he made this year? Joseph as a potential closer? Perhaps one of the young starters (Johnson, Guillon, Correa, Corcino)?

Looks like that's when the free-for-all begins.
    Last edited by mace; 10-24-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Junior Arias and Ismail Guilon have tremendous ceilings, which the casual fan will ignore in favor of the familiarity of Frazier's 2-3 years of hype. You are right, there is no chance (in this type of poll) that Frazier will miss the top 10, but that ranking does not reflect the system's scouting reports on him. In fact, even Valaika was rated higher this year.
    Last edited by Betterread; 10-24-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Frazier is the best player on the board. He had a down 3 months and after that, he was back to himself, a former #1.

BaseClogger votes for the BaseFilter, Juan Francisco...

Going Cozart here.

Cozart for me. My next 5 Donnie Joseph, David Sappelt, Todd Frazier, Juan Francisco, Juan Duran
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'm glad you guys are declaring your votes here in the thread. You never know how accurate the displayed votes are going to be. :

Cozart for a third time (had him at 5, would have gone Hamilton at 6, Francisco at 7)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I went with Todd Frazier here, ever so slightly over Juan Francisco. My reasoning being that while I have a lot more faith in Francisco's bat than I ever have before, Todd being able to play left field gives him the edge because I just don't know that Francisco can stick at 3B. There is a chance it happens, but Todd can absolutely stick in LF and that is going to hold more value to me than 'maybe 3B, but probably 1B'.

I continue to vote Frazier. Everybody's got warts at this point but Frazier's are more of the "probably won't be a stud" variety. I've not seen anybody question his ability to stick in LF nor major concerns about his bat. Put another way, I think he's got the highest floor of anybody on the list at this point, just ahead of Cozart who's glove already plays.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I got Francisco at 7, Frazier at 8, Cozart at 9.

Francisco clearly outperformed Frazier at AAA, and JuanF is the younger player.

I'm not sure about pick #10, but I'm leaning toward Lotzkar. He's been injured and his health is a major concern. But he's a budding solid starter. Boxberger, Arias, Joseph and Soto are also in the discussion.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-25-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Francisco for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

I'm not sure about pick #10, but I'm leaning toward Lotzkar. He's been injured and his health is a major concern. But he's a budding solid starter. Boxberger, Arias, Joseph and Soto are also in the discussion.
    I'm on board with this, although I'm not sure how to place Duran. What is his ceiling at this point? What are his major strengths (is it still plus power and plus arm?) and what does he need to work on?

Also, due to Lotzkar's injury history I will be putting Boxberger ahead of him, but I like Lotzkar a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

How clear was it, really?

Frazier had a better OBP. Francisco had the lead in iso. Put it together, and yes Francisco had about 100 points better OPS, but there's a chance a lot of that is wiped out by defense as Francisco committed 13 errors while Frazier committed only 5.

Considering the whole package, I don't think Francisco was clearly better at all. In fact, including defense, I think Frazier had a slightly better year and this coming from a guy who hasn't been on the Frazier bandwagon, to be perfectly honest.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?