Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 793

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. II

  1. #1
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,622

    Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Continue your 2010 Cincinnati Bengals discussion here.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    I'm to the point right now that I believe after this season, changes need to be made.

    If it were me, I would start right now by relieving Marvin. If anything, it might serve as a spark and possibly get the players to start playing well. Promote Zimmer to interim head coach and let him finish out the season.

    In the offseason, go into all out rebuilding mode, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Everybody outside of Gresham and Shipley can go. Use free agency to plug some holes on the offensive line and if we finish high enough, use a first round pick on either Andrew Luck or Jake Locker. (No Ryan Mallett please)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  4. #3
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,534

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Quite honestly changes needed to be made before the bye week. Now they might as well wait until after the season is over. I would have started by canning Bratkowski but now we get to just see this thing turn ugly like so many other Bengal seasons

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,798

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm to the point right now that I believe after this season, changes need to be made.

    If it were me, I would start right now by relieving Marvin. If anything, it might serve as a spark and possibly get the players to start playing well. Promote Zimmer to interim head coach and let him finish out the season.

    In the offseason, go into all out rebuilding mode, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Everybody outside of Gresham and Shipley can go. Use free agency to plug some holes on the offensive line and if we finish high enough, use a first round pick on either Andrew Luck or Jake Locker. (No Ryan Mallett please)
    The only change that needs to be made is in ownership. Everyone knows it and yet, everyone still wants to go to the games and spend lots of money. I have no idea why Bengals fans keep banging their heads against the wall. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING is going to change until the Brown family is out of CIncinnati.

  6. #5
    Member jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Troy, OH
    Posts
    2,630

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The only change that needs to be made is in ownership. Everyone knows it and yet, everyone still wants to go to the games and spend lots of money. I have no idea why Bengals fans keep banging their heads against the wall. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING is going to change until the Brown family is out of CIncinnati.
    Spot on. The only "change" that's going to make any difference to this organization is of the ownership. Until then, it's wash, rinse, spin, and repeat.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Spot on. The only "change" that's going to make any difference to this organization is of the ownership. Until then, it's wash, rinse, spin, and repeat.
    I've actually felt that way for most of the seasons since PB passed away. Since that day, we have found more ways to lose football games than I ever imagined possible. But more often than not, it's because we just aren't talented enough or well-coached enough. And the only way those areas change significantly is if ownership changes.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  8. #7
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,459

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    They are not going to draft a QB in the first round when Carson still has so many years left on his contract. It's not how Mike Brown does things.

    They'd be better off drafting a left tackle or a defensive lineman who can actually get to the QB anyway.

    But like everyone else is saying, it really doesn't matter. Mike Brown is a horrible human being.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  9. #8
    Member 1990REDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    472

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The only change that needs to be made is in ownership. Everyone knows it and yet, everyone still wants to go to the games and spend lots of money. I have no idea why Bengals fans keep banging their heads against the wall. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING is going to change until the Brown family is out of CIncinnati.
    +1,000,000

    Everything else is a moot point. This is the problem and I dont see it being corrected for a very long time.

  10. #9
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,459

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    It won't really take long for people to stop going to the games. I don't think this week's game will sell out, and I think the season ticket base will start drying up after this year, although a new head coach might suck some people back in.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  11. #10
    Just The Big Picture macro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The Bluegrass State
    Posts
    6,150

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It won't really take long for people to stop going to the games. I don't think this week's game will sell out, and I think the season ticket base will start drying up after this year, although a new head coach might suck some people back in.
    I'd like to think you're right, RF, but the fans of this team have shown that there are few limits to their unconditional loyalty. A new coach (as you said) or another fluke playoff season and they'll be right back for more torture.

    I've been a huge fan of the team for 35 years (as my basement Bengals museum will attest), but I'm almost to the point of wishing they'd just move the team to LA or somewhere and save me from myself. If I'm honest, I'm more a fan of "what used to be" and much less a fan of "what is". If Mike Brown moves the team, he's only taking "what will be", and for some reason I doubt that will be anything good. But as long as the team is in Cincinnati, I won't be able to walk away, like I wish I could.

    Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

  12. #11
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,622

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It won't really take long for people to stop going to the games. I don't think this week's game will sell out, and I think the season ticket base will start drying up after this year, although a new head coach might suck some people back in.
    It didn't take long in Tampa -- the bad economy plus a 3-13 season last year sent the fans away in droves. They had a paid gate in the mid-40's this week, but only had about 35k show up to the game.

    With as bad as the economy is in Cincinnati, and with the resurgence of the Reds, you can bet there will be a lot of people re-evaluating their sports money this off-season if the team tanks out.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  13. #12
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    782

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    So does anyone have hope that when Katie takes over, she'll hire an actual GM and upgrade the scouting department? Or would think that doing those type of things would be some sort of dishonor to her father's way of operating?

  14. #13
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,534

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    So does anyone have hope that when Katie takes over, she'll hire an actual GM and upgrade the scouting department? Or would think that doing those type of things would be some sort of dishonor to her father's way of operating?
    I do think Katie does not intend to serve as GM. Hopefully she'll hire a real one and not her brother or something...

  15. #14
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    at it's most basic level football is about toughness and execution. The Bengals lack both.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  16. #15
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,534

    Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

    Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    at it's most basic level football is about toughness and execution. The Bengals lack both.
    I agree but doesn't that point directly to coaching?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25