Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Did I get ripped off with this trade? I think I may have...

Did I get ripped off with this trade? I think I may have...

My team, which I'll post below, is in desperate need for starting RB's over the remainder of the season after being burned on my top two choices at that position (DeAngelo Williams and Pierre Thomas - the later of whom I finally gave up and cut yesterday). Despite that, I'm still 4-3 and have (or had) really good depth at WR, but next to nothing at RB. I proposed several trades that I thought were equitable for teams in need of a WR, but they were either rejected with no counter proposal or I never heard back before the deadline passed. Finally, I had one of them accepted, but it was the one I was least hoping went through: I trade WR Brandon Marshall for RB Brandon Jacobs. Obviously, I'm clearly buying high on Jacobs, and that's never a good thing, and I have no doubt that Marshall is the better overall player even after a subpar year to date, but as the below roster (before Jacobs) shows, I think it's clear I was desperate for a starting RB:

QB's (start one) - Kyle Orton/Ryan Fitzpatrick
    RB (start two) - DeAngelo Williams/Cadillac Williams/Mike Hart/LaGarrette Blount (yikes!)
    WR's (start three) - Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Steve Johnson, Mike Williams (TB)
    RB/WR flex (start one)
    TE (start one) - Brandon Pettigrew (I had Jermichael Finley but he's now on IR)
    D/ST (start one) - Titans/Seahawaks
    K (start one) - Matt Bryant/Nick Folk (the latter will be gone once Bryant's bye is over after this week)

Anyway, any thoughts on this trade, which I'm clearly having some regrets about, or for improving my team any other way would greatly be appreciated.

Boss

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Did I get ripped off with this trade? I think I may have...

I mean you clearly gave up the bigger talent, but you traded from a surplus. And there's no guarantee that Marshall will pick it up this year. He plays the Bengals this week, so steel yourself for him having a big week. I keep thinking that Jacobs is going to come down to earth, but he seems firmly entrenched as the goal line back, which makes me glad I don't have Bradshaw.

You most likely did about the best you could. You picked up a back that's been in the endzone 5 times in the last 4 weeks and he comes off the bye @ Seattle so he should get at least another TD there.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks for the input. I dangled Nicks for comparable RB talents (Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson) and offered to trade Marshall for MJD but no one bit. Like you said, even though I gave up the better player, I had to do something and this was probably the best I could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Thanks for the input. I dangled Nicks for comparable RB talents (Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson) and offered to trade Marshall for MJD but no one bit. Like you said, even though I gave up the better player, I had to do something and this was probably the best I could do.
    Ha. I have MJD and had Marshall offered to me last week, I also turned it down. I considered it, but ultimately had to believe that MJD will pick it up.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I think you got shredded. Sorry. Jacobs helps definitely in your situation but I would have hoped for a lot more.

I'd be looking at the wire, Mike Hart might be available. If it is a PPR league, Sproles might be able to help out. But if the trade deadline has passed you can only really play what you have.

Well, with Marshall not scoring any TD's, this trade actually hasn't worked out that badly for me so far. Yesterday, I had a trade accepted (I gave up Steve Johnson and DeAngelo Williams for LeSean McCoy) that gives me the top 10 RB I clearly needed. That leaves my team as:

RB (start two) - LeSean McCoy/LeGarrette Blount/Brandon Jacobs/Clinton Portis/LaRod Stephens-Howling
    WR's (start three) - Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Dez Bryant, Mike Williams (TB)
    RB/WR flex (start one)
    TE (start one) - Jacob Tamme/Brandon Pettigrew
    D/ST (start one) - Titans/Cardinals
    K (start one) - Matt Bryant

I'm 6-3, having won four in a row, but I'm concerned that I've scored 96 points less than the league leader. The trade leaves me one short of a full roster, so I'll be able to add one more player. Thoughts on the recent move?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Well, with Marshall not scoring any TD's, this trade actually hasn't worked out that badly for me so far. Yesterday, I had a trade accepted (I gave up Steve Johnson and DeAngelo Williams for LeSean McCoy) that gives me the top 10 RB I clearly needed. That leaves my team as:

RB (start two) - LeSean McCoy/LeGarrette Blount/Brandon Jacobs/Clinton Portis/LaRod Stephens-Howling
    WR's (start three) - Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Dez Bryant, Mike Williams (TB)
    RB/WR flex (start one)
    TE (start one) - Jacob Tamme/Brandon Pettigrew
    D/ST (start one) - Titans/Cardinals
    K (start one) - Matt Bryant

I'm 6-3, having won four in a row, but I'm concerned that I've scored 96 points less than the league leader. The trade leaves me one short of a full roster, so I'll be able to add one more player. Thoughts on the recent move?
    I think that you ripped off whoever made that deal. McCoy is a reliable all-purpose guy and losing d.williams shouldn't really hurt considering him and Stewart share carries when they are healthy, plus Carolina is a disaster at the moment. Losing Steve Johnson isn't a big hit since you already have two legit #1 WR's IMO
    Last edited by Orenda; 11-10-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks for the input...glad to hear that.

Turn Off Ads?