• Great i love all aspects of going to a game

11 21.57%
  • Good, overall a nice place to see a game

29 56.86%
  • Average, they do some things good, but lack in others

9 17.65%
  • Disapointed, I love the Reds but find GAB lacking in many areas

2 3.92%
  • SAD, I can't believe I have to suffer through such a place just to see my team

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you rate GAB

How would you rate GAB

Remove the team aspect, when you go to a game at Great American Ballpark how would you rate your overall experience. From how easy it is to park and it's costs, to getting into the stadium to promotional giveaways, to food to stadium serivces and such. When you get home after a game at GAB no matter the result on the field how do you look back on your expereince?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How would you rate GAB

It's a pretty good place to see a game. Drove up from my former home in Lexington to catch Brewers/Reds at the end of '09. Vast improvement over Cinergy, so that counts for something. Parking wasn't too bad (about a 2 block walk) for $5.

Fans are pretty cool to opposing fans (as I was in Cinergy and first time at GABP), as long as the opposing fans don't bait Reds fans. All in all, a solid experience and good value (got tickets in LF bleachers for $2).

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Well, I haven't to been to any other parks in a long, long time, so I have nothing to compare it to but Cinergy.

But I don't need all the pomp and circumstance.

I like GABP. Easy to get to. Comfortable seating.......and really not a bad seat in the house.

From what I hear, reasonably priced in comparison to other cities.

I think it's really all we need. I enjoy some of the stuff they do between innings which makes it fun. It's a true baseball field.

I've been to the Ballpark in Arlington and PNC Park and I have to say it doesn't look as good as those parks, but to me Great American is home. If I wasn't a fan of the Reds I would say average, but since I've been there so many times, Im comfortable with it and I love alot of the features of the park so I'm going to give it a good.

I have no out of town venues to compare it to, but I love how there's not a bad seat in GABP. I couldn't say that about our former stadium.

I've not got a lot compare it to either (Cleveland, old and new Yankee, Turner Field (and maybe the old Fulton County....not sure), and it's been a while since I've been to any but Yankee.

GABP is sure a heck of a lot better than Riverfront was, but for me it's more about the game on the field than the trappings of the stadium. One thing that ticks me off about GAPB...when did they get rid of the frosty malt vendors? There are only a couple of stands that sell them, and that's a must have when I go to a game.
    Sto Pro Veritate

^There's no beer vendors and only a few stands selling beer????? That cant be right.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Ive sat in just about every different level of the stadium and there isnt a bad seat at all. The worst, was my playoff seats in section 411. Only bad thing about sitting in LF is that you cant see the video board.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

I've only been to six mlb stadiums in my lifetime - Crosley, Riverfront, and GAB in Cincinnati, Jacobs Field in Cleveland when it first opened, and the old and new Yankee stadiums. I was too young then to still remember Crosley vividly now. As a kid in my early teens watching the BRM in Riverfront Stadium, I felt more like I was in a shrine to greatness. Everything about it seemed perfect at the time, but I didn't view the surroundings as an adult would. As I got older, I began to dislike Riverfront and couldn't wait for the Reds to build a new stadium. GAB isn't as big and nice as some other mlb venues, but I love it. After watching games for over 30 years in Riverfront, by comparison GAB is beautiful. Not too big, easy to get around, comfortable, good views from all seating areas, etc. I can't rate it "great", simply because there's better venues. But I definitely give it a "good" rating.

I have been to a number of ballparks both old ones and the new modern stadium. My biggest gripe about GABP is well...it's bland. I mean it looks and feels to me like something that was designed on the fly just to get something built. I never liked where they decided to put it, I hate the over design and look. When you look around at other new ballparks and see the unique and fun things and then at GABP...wellllll. If not for the Reds playing there I doubt I would see many games there.

I guess it depends on the perspective. If I compare it to Cinergy it is much better. Better seating, better food, much more family friendly with all the extra stuff.

When I compare it to the other stadiums I have been to though it is definitely not as nice. I can't exactly put my finger on what it is, but I was describe it as having an "unfinished" feel like it is still under construction and the cool stuff has not been put in yet.

Never been there but thinking of going. I just moved from the Bay area and love the SF Giants stadium, how does it compare to that for those that have seen both?

I'm glad the kelly green seats/red brick that we see in so many new stadiums is absent from this place.

I also like the fact that it doesn't face the city. Facing Kentucky gives it a tranquill feeling.

It's a clean, spacious, friendly, modern venue. A step short of,say a PNC Park, but only the most fickle of fan would come away disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    I'm glad the kelly green seats/red brick that we see in so many new stadiums is absent from this place.

I also like the fact that it doesn't face the city. Facing Kentucky gives it a tranquill feeling.

It's a clean, spacious, friendly, modern venue. A step short of,say a PNC Park, but only the most fickle of fan would come away disappointed.
    Maybe because everything seems so antiseptic is why i find it dull. I mean right now, the only other "new" park that i have been to that I find worse is the White Sox field. I have been to Miller park which is awsome, I have been to PNC park which is how GABP should have been done and i have been to O's park in Baltimore and it's in a class by itself. Ours comes off as though no thought was put into history, that a modern ballpark with steel and stone was built and afterwards they thought oh no we need to personalize it and have since added the riverboat which is okay i guess. I personally liked the Broadway design that was the counter plan to GABP a bunch more, plus feel that would have been a better spot for the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Maybe because everything seems so antiseptic is why i find it dull. I mean right now, the only other "new" park that i have been to that I find worse is the White Sox field. I have been to Miller park which is awsome, I have been to PNC park which is how GABP should have been done and i have been to O's park in Baltimore and it's in a class by itself. Ours comes off as though no thought was put into history, that a modern ballpark with steel and stone was built and afterwards they thought oh no we need to personalize it and have since added the riverboat which is okay i guess. I personally liked the Broadway design that was the counter plan to GABP a bunch more, plus feel that would have been a better spot for the stadium.
    Thats interesting to me, cause I cant think of a stadium I disliked more then Baltimore, without going back to my junior high field. It doesnt feel like baseball to me, even in the stands, but certainly not in the concourse or outside the stadium. Its a field with bricks built around it IMO.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?