• Great i love all aspects of going to a game

11 21.57%
  • Good, overall a nice place to see a game

29 56.86%
  • Average, they do some things good, but lack in others

9 17.65%
  • Disapointed, I love the Reds but find GAB lacking in many areas

2 3.92%
  • SAD, I can't believe I have to suffer through such a place just to see my team

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you rate GAB

Re: How would you rate GAB

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Thats interesting to me, cause I cant think of a stadium I disliked more then Baltimore, without going back to my junior high field. It doesnt feel like baseball to me, even in the stands, but certainly not in the concourse or outside the stadium. Its a field with bricks built around it IMO.
    I don't know what it was or if was one specific thing, but i loved that park in Baltimore. I loved the seating, the sightlines the overall feel and the area around the park. For me the overall ballpark experience has more to do then just the game on the field, in fact i think the stadium location and what is around it makes a huge impact also. I love fenway, but hate it's seats, they are so small and my large butt barley fits in them, but all the other stuff outweighs that one flaw ( a flaw shared by Wrigley). GABP and cincy is a boring place outside of the game. Now they are finally building stuff around the stadiums and maybe that will help. All i know is that for 'just' watching and 'feeling' the game, nothing will ever top old Tiger Stadium.

2. Turn Off Ads?

^Funny how people see the same thing in a different light. I agree about the park having a feeling and doesnt even have to do with the game-see my post on fav parks and what I said about Durham Bulls stadium.The reason you said you like Balt are the reasons I dont from my experiences there. I dont feel it has any baseball feel to it, no feeling/energy outside the stadium as you get walking up to Fenway IMO. I like that you can go talk with Boog before the game, but thats about it that I can even think of that makes you realize your in a ballpark and not just a random train station in some city.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I love GABP! Have taken my family there probably 10 times, and I absolutely love the environment. The other ballparks I have been to were Riverfront/(Cinergy)/3 rivers, as well as Dodger Stadium, andI can honestly say, with admitted bias, that GABP is the best. Great place for a ballgame, and yes, the focus is on the ballgame, and a great family friendly environment. My wife, who tolerates baseball likes GABP, and well guys, that really helps. She gets into all the side activities, and its a win-win for us all
    PDM

I love GABP. There's no bad seat in the house, the screen is awesome, the sound's great. Joe Zerhusen is tops, the food choices are good, and the prices aren't bad at all. Most of all, I love it because it's "home."

That being said, where's the personality? Where's the "wow" factor? Where's the drama? I want cool stuff like a warehouse built into the outfield, or a 37-foot-tall left field wall. Or waterfalls in the outfield. A tacked-on steamboat does not count. It's like they went to Wal-Mart and came home with a baseball stadium.
    Last edited by brachial pleXUs; 10-31-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: punctuation. That's right, punctuation.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

No smoking anywhere is a bit odd, but aside from that my trip to cincy and to a game was awesome.

Poor parking setup for general public. Panhandler gauntlet. Dimensions way too short in the power alleys and CF. I get so tired of hearing from the national media of how small the park is. If it plays too small, fix it. I agree it's alot better than Riverfront, but it seems something is missing. Too bad they couldn't back it up some in RF to make the river a little more reachable, ala McCovey Cove.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    No smoking anywhere is a bit odd, but aside from that my trip to cincy and to a game was awesome.
    I think all, or at least most, have gone that way these days. Durham Bulls Stadium along with the team were built with tobacco money, doesn't allow smoking anywhere anymore.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I'm not so sure of that.

I went to three different stadiums this summer, and 2 of which had a smoking area. I understand completely people not wanting smokers around themselves and their kids, but having an area behind center field shouldn't be too hard.

I wasn't doing this, but I saw people smoking in the bathrooms like it was high school all over again. Pretty sad on both parts, in my opinion.

I have been to old riverfront, Tampa, and Atlanta both new and old. I am definately in the minority but I loved Riverfront stadium. I have great memories and I saw great teams just like we all did. Well saying that there can never been anything but Riverfront Stadium for me. Go Reds

I put GABP in the upper middle of the pack. Was in Miller Park for Farm-Aid while the Reds and Brewers were closing out the season here. I was very impressed.

at my job back in ohio, our president is from houston and a big stros' fan. He told me GABP was one of his favorite stadiums after he visited. He said there was plenty to do and see and that he thought the HOF was better then anything he had seen at a ballpark.

I can only compare it to Jacobs Field, Riverfront, and AT&T. Besides AT&T, it's the best I've been to. While I miss Riverfront and the $5 seats, GAB makes up for it with the $1 hot dogs once you're there. Prices are still reasonable compared to other stadiums - just sneak your beer in and you'll be fine.

Turn Off Ads?