Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2010-2011

Re: NBA 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I hope you really enjoyed it because you probably won't get too many chances this year to revel in their defeat. They looked very good against the Magic tonight.
    Surprised the game wasn't sold out. They reported it as a late sell-out, but I saw a lot of empty seats near courtside. I can't believe with this team that the Heat are struggling to sell tix.

How about the Nets ... 2-0!
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?

rome wasnt built in a day it took 3 days for the heat to absolutely dominate. 81-1 is gonna be so sweet to see. but realistically im hoping for 73-9 then rings!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Surprised the game wasn't sold out. They reported it as a late sell-out, but I saw a lot of empty seats near courtside. I can't believe with this team that the Heat are struggling to sell tix.

How about the Nets ... 2-0!
    All I could think of when watching that game was how terrible that crowd was. Might have one of the best teams in NBA history and I can't think of a city that deserves it less than Miami. Contrast it with the Boston crowd from opening night and it was even more amazing just how bad the Miami crowd was.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    All I could think of when watching that game was how terrible that crowd was. Might have one of the best teams in NBA history and I can't think of a city that deserves it less than Miami. Contrast it with the Boston crowd from opening night and it was even more amazing just how bad the Miami crowd was.
    what exactly makes a city deserve a certain team? i think you take anything and everything you can get. I love cincy but i by no means believe we deserve anything. and i dont think cleveland desrves anything more than what they got for sure (idont know if thats what ur getting at)

I think he's getting at the fact that Miami fans are notoriously terrible at supporting their teams (at least in terms of buying tickets and showing up).

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think he's getting at the fact that Miami fans are notoriously terrible at supporting their teams (at least in terms of buying tickets and showing up).
    That and they don't know what they are doing. They aren't smart fans. They have no idea how and when to support the team.

So the Heat look kinda good. They beat the Magic by 26, the Nets by 23 and just stomped the Wolves 129-97. Clearly the Nets and Wolves aren't good but watching the games the Heat really seem to be clicking.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Amazing. To think folks here almost had me convinced that their 'fatal flaw' had been exposed by the Celtics in the very first game!!

They could start the NBA playoffs today if they'd like. Heat, Celtics, Lakers in a round robin. There's no need for a regular season this year.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    They could start the NBA playoffs today if they'd like. Heat, Celtics, Lakers in a round robin. There's no need for a regular season this year.
    Oklahoma City, please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Oklahoma City, please and thank you.
    Tonight is the first chance I've had to see an entire game of theirs this year. Really struggled in the first half, but have made a nice comeback. They're a good team probably better than their current record, but I still don't think they're a top flight team quite yet. I love watching KD play though.

I still LOL at my brother when he would tell me how much better an NBAer Oden would be than KD. We went back and forth that year before the draft and my argument was that the Blazers would be stupid not to take KD.

Nah, you take a big over a SF 10 times out of 10. A SF who looked so rail thin that he wouldn't be able to do anything in the NBA.

Hindsight, it was a horrible pick... but I think realistically, the right pick at the time was made.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Nah, you take a big over a SF 10 times out of 10. A SF who looked so rail thin that he wouldn't be able to do anything in the NBA.

Hindsight, it was a horrible pick... but I think realistically, the right pick at the time was made.
    Most times sure, but at the time I said KD was a super star stud talent. There just aren't many guys with his length that can play inside and outside as well as he does and he rebounds very well for a small forward.

I don't know who these people were that thought he was too thin "to do anything in the NBA" but there were plenty of people who thought he should have been the first pick.

The guy couldn't bench press his weight even one time. His strength and structure was his big "question mark" as I remember it. There were quite a few KD supporters, I'll give you that. But still big > small. If Oden doesn't get hurt every single year, I think the talk would be of how crazy that draft class was and not, I can't believe they picked Oden before Durant. Oden is a game changer, for sure. It's just unfortunate that he is so injury prone.

When Beasley came out, I remember telling myself... I was so wrong about Kevin Durant that I'm not gonna fall for this again. I was big on Beasley > Rose. Man was I wrong again. Good thing I'm not an NBA scout

How about that trash talk KG directed at Villanueva? What a low class individual.

Turn Off Ads?