Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who is bored with this World Series? To me it just feels uneventful and I could care less what happens. The start of the NBA season has been more interesting for me to watch than this and I consider myself a baseball first guy. What do you all think.. ??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Am I the only one?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...c1bdf890902aa3

Well judging from this link, I guess I'm not the only one

While I would rather have the two best teams instead of a matchup between 92 and 90 win teams, it is still the World Series and I'd rather watch that than just about any other sport/game. The only really "ugly" part so far was watching Guerrero in right field last night.

That said, regardless of how it turns out I will feel about the same as I did in 2006 when the 83 win Cardinals won. World Series champions, yes, but not the best team in baseball.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

It won't be much of a series if the Giants keep blowing em out.Where the heck is Josh Hamilton's bat,been on the phone with Ryan Howard?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Not sure I'll ever get more excited about pro basketball season than baseball.

I've tried to really care about the Series this year but I just can't find the motivation to. I don't watch the NBA though so I've been bored aka actually doing my homework when I should.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

There is no comparison between the NBA and MBL. Get real.

The NBA is a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

NBA? I think basketball in general is a joke. I hate, HATE that sport. It was only created to keep baseball athletes in shape during the winter.

Would you have preferred the best series money can buy (Yanks vs. Phillies)? I'm glad to see two franchises that haven't been there before (or ever) get a chance to play for all the marbles...

If it means we don't have to listen to people droning on and on about the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Cubs, or Phillies, I'm in!

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    It won't be much of a series if the Giants keep blowing em out.Where the heck is Josh Hamilton's bat,been on the phone with Ryan Howard?
    Josh Hamilton is wishing he was hitting like Ryan Howard did in the NLCS. For whatever reason Ryan Howard is getting the blame for their series loss but he actually had the best BA and OBP on the team and was second in SLG. But yet it is his fault. Fangraphs had a good article about this very thing.

Don't Blame Ryan Howard

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

And yes, the NBA is the most boring sports league in the entire world. I cant get through three minutes before I have to change the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    NBA? I think basketball in general is a joke. I hate, HATE that sport. It was only created to keep baseball athletes in shape during the winter.
    My point has nothing to do with basketball. My point is this series is boring me to tears and I want to turn the channel. The Rangers are playing lifeless and seem satisfied with winning the AL Pennant. I hate the Yankees but I have to say it makes a series more interesting to watch when they are in it. I think the ratings are down because this series lacks a true "bad guy." I guess what it all comes down too is that I'm still pouting because the Reds got beat out so early.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Am I the only one who is bored with this World Series? To me it just feels uneventful and I could care less what happens. The start of the NBA season has been more interesting for me to watch than this and I consider myself a baseball first guy. What do you all think.. ??

I dont care who wins, which does take some fun out of it. I enjoyed the game the other night till the inning where it blew wide open. No matter what though, I just cant stand to watch any NBA, so cant join ya on that part. Excited for college though!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I've been watching, but the games haven't been that exciting so I usually end up dosing off or changing the channel. Maybe it's a hangover from the Reds not being there.

NBA does suck...nothing like watching some Sternball. I still watch tho if there is a team I like, or some players I like that are playing.

I find the match-up interesting. However, I can't watch more than five minutes without feeling really, really jealous.

Turn Off Ads?