Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do

The pentagon and government officials can't explain a mysterious plume of smoke shot by a southern California news crew, which was believed to be a missle launch off the coast of California.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/09/cal...ex.html?hpt=T2

Of course, at least one report by MSNBC TV (web report found here) is telling us what we saw was nothing more than an optical illusion and it's just a normal plane's contrail.

This could in fact all be an 'optical illusion,' but it reminds me of Hitler's propaganda mantra: tell a lie. Tell a really big lie and hide it out in the open.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do

Well, it looks like a missile to the untrained eye. But there is ZERO reason for the US to do this and not announce it since they know it will be seen.

It would be incredibly provocative for some country like China, Iran or North Korea to do it. And if I was a Muslim terrorist group and had the ability to do this, I would ensure it landed in the CONUS to cause as much panic as possible.

So, my 95% guess is the aircraft theory will turn out to be the real answer, and 5% that it's Korea or Iran.

The under sea creatures have reached new technological heights.
    Go Gators!

I hope it's not a missile. But I've sure never seen an airplane contrail quite like that.

But that's all I can say on this. Computer being watched by government created nano-robots, and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well, it looks like a missile to the untrained eye. But there is ZERO reason for the US to do this and not announce it since they know it will be seen.

It would be incredibly provocative for some country like China, Iran or North Korea to do it. And if I was a Muslim terrorist group and had the ability to do this, I would ensure it landed in the CONUS to cause as much panic as possible.

So, my 95% guess is the aircraft theory will turn out to be the real answer, and 5% that it's Korea or Iran.
    I don't see how it could be from anywhere in Asia. It sure seems to be coming from the American mainland.

I think someone goofed at the American base in San Diego and mistakenly sent something, possibly a missle, into the sky. It's just too embarrassing to admit right now

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I think Joe Blow from Orange County built his own rocket and sent it off to space, and the government is too embarrassed to admit it didn't know anything about it.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

When I said Korea, or Iran ..... I meant Korea or Iran doing it from off our coast. If you check out my logo, you'll see I have a little experience with missiles. I'd be stunned beyond belief if this was accidental military missile launch.

When I said Korea, or Iran ..... I meant Korea or Iran doing it from off our coast. If you check out my logo, you'll see I have a little experience with missiles. I'd be stunned beyond belief if this was accidental military missile launch.
    What access does Korea or Iran have to our coast?

Well, the supposed sighting was on the ocean, so it would have to be from a boat/ship. But looking on internet, I think there's a growing consensus that it's a plane contrail.

Well, the supposed sighting was on the ocean, so it would have to be from a boat/ship. But looking on internet, I think there's a growing consensus that it's a plane contrail.
    Jax, wouldn't we know if there was a foreign boat or submarine in the area? I sure hope we would

I think it's the airplane contrail. 95% chance. I only gave the Korea/Iran theory about a 5% chance of being right. But I think the "accidental US launch" theory has a .0000001 chance of being right.

Blogger comes across evidence that almost certainly confirms it's an airplane.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...ssile-mystery/

George Noory'll likely tell you it's a missle's chemtrail designed to change the weather. Me, I have seen airplane contrails spread out and take on funky appearances in the wind.

Ran into a friend at the grocery story this evening whose son is serving on a sub out of the West Coast. He called a couple of nights ago and he asked his son if he hit a wrong button.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

It was just a warning to North Korea to don't mess with the President while he's abroad on this trip.

Turn Off Ads?