Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child Support

Re: Child Support

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Interesting, my fiancee dug out the original paperwork from when she filed 2 years ago, and in it, here is what Hamilton County CSEA says:

Child Support must stop if:

Your child marries before age 18.
    Your child joins the armed forces.
    Your child becomes self supporting before age 18.
    Your child comes to live with you and you obtain legal custody.
    You die or your child dies.
    Someone else adopts your child.
    You and the other parent begin or resume living together.
    Make a copy and circle that line and send it to whoever is hassling you for money

2. Turn Off Ads?

I could just have my fiancee give me the money and send in a money order, but it's gotten way more complicated than that. They're making us both pay for health insurance policies on our son, and as I said, the doctor will only accept one insurance policy, so one of us is throwing away about $150 a month in extra money that we could be using toward living expenses like groceries, gas, rent and utilities.

Also, my car got hit back on Labor Day. A girl ran a red light and totaled my vehicle. She was cited, but the court dropped the charges against her because neither the witness nor I got our summons for the trial, which the court says they attempted to serve. Since her citation was dropped, her insurance company wouldn't cover liability, which means mine had to. The child support enforcement agency has now put a lien against a vehicle that I no longer have. I need to get a car for work, and we can't get the title released for the totaled car to the insurance company because of this lien. I can't purchase a new car because of the lien, and the outstanding loan on the totaled car, so basically, they're screwing my family over there as well.

Those who say that the child support enforcement agency has done nothing wrong here, isn't it at least spiteful of them to deny us a hearing to explain our case, let us talk to one of their magistrates or something? Also, for the case worker to more than double the support after my fiancee informed them that we're getting married and will be dissolving the order... to me, that just screams of a desperate last chance money grab to get more poundage from us before we're married...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

With all that going on Savafan, forget about child support and all their ridiculous demands. They're the least of your problems. Don't buy health insurance you don't need. Let'em complain. Get your car situation straightened out and get married

Join the Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Join the Marines.
    Blew out my knee and couldn't pass the air force physical, so I'm pretty sure the Marines wouldn't want me.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Have you considered voodoo?

I thought my life was a mess, but sava yours is literally a Series of Unfortunate Events.

I say it with love brother.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

sava, your pediatrician may only take one insurance, but that doesn't mean you can't file with both, using the second insurance as supplemental insurance. You have to do the filing, but I am certain you can do that as long as you both are carrying insurance and living together.

Past that you need to get the support order removed and it sounds like you have enough documentation to get it done.

Oh, and go ahead and marry the girl... IF you both love each other and it's what you both want.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post

Oh, and go ahead and marry the girl... IF you both love each other and it's what you both want.
    We got married yesterday in a small private ceremony with just our parents and siblings present. It was nice. I'm happy. She's happy. CSEA won't be happy, but I could care less about them.

Congrats Sava.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?