Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Sox discussed trading manager Ozzie Guillen to Marlins for Mike Stanton

White Sox discussed trading manager Ozzie Guillen to Marlins for Mike Stanton

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluc...luca29.article

Don't hear about this happening too often.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: White Sox discussed trading manager Ozzie Guillen to Marlins for Mike Stanton

Mike Stanton is one of the best young talents in the game.

If Florida really considered shipping him off for a manager, they deserve to be contracted.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Re: White Sox discussed trading manager Ozzie Guillen to Marlins for Mike Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Mike Stanton is one of the best young talents in the game.

If Florida really considered shipping him off for a manager, they deserve to be contracted.
    Why not just get Loria out of the picture?

He is a bad egg for the game, his bids on the O's in the 90's accelerated franchise costs, his ownership of the Montreal franchise was a mess, his ownership of the Marlins is a joke.

He's the Bob Short of this generation.

Someone reported on twitter today that those talks absolutely did not happen. Don't have the energy to look up who.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

He is a bad egg for the game, his bids on the O's in the 90's accelerated franchise costs, his ownership of the Montreal franchise was a mess, his ownership of the Marlins is a joke.

Bob Short sweet talked Teddy Ballgame to Washington to manage. About the only thing he did right.

Bob Short was Ted Turner before Ted started winning ball games.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

I agree, Loria is certainly the problem from the business side of things.

Terrible, terrible guy to have owning a franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Bob Short sweet talked Teddy Ballgame to Washington to manage. About the only thing he did right.

Bob Short was Ted Turner before Ted started winning ball games.
    Bob Short owned the Lakers, moved them to LA, bought the Senators and moved them to Dallas, he was into flipping property.

I'd deal Dusty and Walt for Stanton (and I'm not a Dusty hater)!

It still cracks me up that the Red Sox traded Kevin Youkilis for Billy Beane.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

When I saw the topic of the thread I was expecting an Onion article. That report is just laughable.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

If this was true Chicago would win the deal hands down.

Baseball has a long history of Crazy Owners, GMs, and Managers.

Loria and Guillen deserve one another but no baseball fan deserves them both.

The Ms basically traded Lou Piniella to the Rays for Randy Winn.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Loria and Guillen deserve one another but no baseball fan deserves them both.
    Well, I'm not into the whole "Good fan/ Bad fan" thing myself, but if any fanbase deserves them both... Miami just may be it.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Well, I'm not into the whole "Good fan/ Bad fan" thing myself, but if any fanbase deserves them both... Miami just may be it.

I'd rather have them in Philly, St Louis, NY (yanks), ...
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Turn Off Ads?