Would you like to join the MLB Trade Rumors team? We are considering adding a writer. The position pays on an hourly basis. The criteria:
* Knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts like arbitration and free agent compensation.
* Writing experience is necessary and online writing experience is preferred.
* Attention to detail - absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names. Ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
* Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need the best of both worlds: quick writing with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers, or links to other relevant articles.
* Ability to use an RSS feed reader such as Google Reader. Ability to use Twitter. Both of these are crucial.
* Strong evening availability - typically 5-10pm CDT shifts.
* If you're interested, email email@example.com
and take a couple paragraphs to explain how you stand out. Hundreds will likely apply, so we cannot respond to most applications.