Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Top 111 Free Agents

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Top 111 Free Agents

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...nts-nos-50-31/

#32. Grant Balfour. I'd be interested in bolstering the bullpen with this proven reliever.

#71. Erik Bedard. I know we have a ton of starters, but Bedard sat out all of '10 and is rumored to be completely healthy. He's lefthanded, and good when he's on. I'd consider him only if you can get him cheap with an incentive-laden deal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Top 111 Free Agents

If we go the free agent route I wouldn't mind picking up Scott Podsednik. Could bat leadoff, and plays good defense. How about taking a chance on Brandon Webb, a groundball pitcher that might pitch better being so close to home. If he pitches well he would allow us to move a young arm or two to pick up that bat, or veteran arm at the trade deadline. Whatever happens I am sure Walt has a plan, his moves have worked well so far.

Drew Stubbs is our leadoff hitter in 2011...

I think we need to look at #46. Aaron Harang. He'd be a nice fit with the Reds.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Nab Brandon Webb and Erik Bedard on incentive laden deals. Let's corner the market on starting pitching. LOL.

I predict Webb will end up in St. Louis.. and unfortunately he will regain his pre-injury form.
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose.

-Pete Rose

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

QUOTE=bshall2105;2293159]I think we need to look at #46. Aaron Harang. He'd be a nice fit with the Reds.[/QUOTE]

[
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Two position players I could see in Reds Uniforms:

Melky Cabrera- Lefty to platoon with Gomes? He's been on winning teams and will come very cheap

Ty Wigginton- we wouldnt be losing TOO much when Rolen gets his days off. I'd prefer Wigginton over Francisco at this point
    "Santana's pitching? That makes my day. Halladay? Carpenter? Wainwright? Lincecum? I can't wait. When Strasburg got called up, I wanted to face him," he says. "I'm not embarrassed to say it, I want to beat the best in the world, that's what I prepare for."

-Joey Votto

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    I think we need to look at #46. Aaron Harang. He'd be a nice fit with the Reds.
    let him go. he needs to ride off into the sunset. :harang:

Turn Off Ads?