Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Is Auburn's football team overrated?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

11 26.83%
  • no

30 73.17%
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Auburn overrated?

Re: Is Auburn overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Enjoy this season then because I have my doubts that the SEC will even place a team in the NC game
    Agreed. SEC has been down the past 2 seasons. Even with Alabama going to the NC, they had a 'down' year last year AND this year for their standards.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's sure lookin' like an Oregon/Boise St NC game

I hope. That would be a great game, IMO.

Can't see it. TCU/Utah winner will have the upper hand on Boise, and I can't see the winner of that game losing again (I guess Notre Dame could knock off Utah, but that would be a shocker).

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Can't see it. TCU/Utah winner will have the upper hand on Boise, and I can't see the winner of that game losing again (I guess Notre Dame could knock off Utah, but that would be a shocker).
    Agreed. I think TCU gets in over Boise State if they win out. Their SOS will help the computers if they continue to win.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Agreed. I think TCU gets in over Boise State if they win out. Their SOS will help the computers if they continue to win.
    Boise/Alabama would make for one helluva Sugar Bowl, though. Ditto Boise/Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl or Boise/Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Believe it or not, I think TCU has been the 2nd most impressive team in the country behind Oregon this year. Sure, they don't play an 'SEC' schedule, but they have been absolutely destroying their opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Believe it or not, I think TCU has been the 2nd most impressive team in the country behind Oregon this year. Sure, they don't play an 'SEC' schedule, but they have been absolutely destroying their opponents.
    I think you can make an argument that the Mountain West is about the 4th best conference in college football. I would definitely put the SEC, Big 10, and Big 12 ahead of them but the other conferences not so much. The Pac 10 has an argument, but IMO the ACC and Big Least don't. Both those two conferences have been disappointing this season. Its a shame that Utah is bolting for the Pac 10 and BYU going indy because a conference with TCU, Utah, BYU, Boise St, and Air Force would be a pretty darn good conference, one deserving of an automatic BCS Bowl bid.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Nobody in the southeast is ever going to admit the SEC is down....
    Ahem...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...&postcount=111

(The SEC was not down last year. This year, yes. Although the final script for this season has yet to be written... Auburn going nuts the rest of the way would help things tremendously.)

That's not a stretch. They've been pretty stifling lately.

With each passing week, that win over Baylor looks better.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I must admit I haven't seen them yet this year. I'll make it a point to see their showdown with Utah

For a Level Playing Field

I pray that we see either Boise State and/or TCU in the title game. I really hope both get in the game. Are they deserving? In my opnion neither one is deserving.

I see it as the only way to possibly get a playoff system. The big teams (big conferences) that generate big revenue might be willing to put the BCS system in its coffin. Money talks (esp. in the NCAA) and the conferences that generate big money (SEC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 10, ACC?, Big East?) might decide a TCU-Boise game shows the system is broken.

Put TCU or Bosie State in the SEC and how many do they lose? Especially for those who think they are really in "the big time" and the SEC is so down this year. You say less than 2 losses in conference play, then I say you have drank too much of their kool-aid. Not being disrespectful nor am I a fan of the SEC (hate them!), but I am a realist.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post

Put TCU or Bosie State in the SEC and how many do they lose?
    Who cares? They're not in the SEC. According to the Sagarin Predictor ratings (the best objective standard IMO), Boise would be the second best team in the SEC (behind Alabama), and TCU would be the best team in the SEC. But no SEC fan is going to buy that. It's the unwinnable argument (for both sides) and a pretty lousy rationale for wanting to exclude anyone.

How many losses would Auburn have if they were in the AFC South?

Only BCS conference teams should be in the BCS bowls.

Make a rule like that and you'll see a playoff much faster then what you have now.
    Go Gators!

At some point, the best way is just to have the teams put their shoulder pads on and that's the real shame of the BCS.

That's also why March Madness is the penultimate collegiate event IMHO.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?