Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Is Auburn's football team overrated?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

11 26.83%
  • no

30 73.17%
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Is Auburn overrated?

Re: Is Auburn overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Glad you brought up recruiting because that's where it all starts. Granted rating recruits is an inexact science, but as of right now, there are 9 SEC teams in the top 25, one Big Ten team (OSU).
    It used to be OSU and UM were always high in recruiting rankings. I would imagine Nebraska will be up there on a year in year out basis not that it looks like they have arrived again. The other issue is PSU who won't have a top notch recruiting class until Paterno decides to hang it up. They may have a good class from time to time but there won't be consistency.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Auburn overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    So did Northwestern get to brag when Ohio State won in 2002? I'm thoroughly confused by this SEC stuff.

Do I get to claim Michigan State bball titles and final fours?
    I read a lot of stuff through this thread and many of the comments dealt with how Auburn didn't play a tough schedule. The SEC itself was "dogged". That is why I responded more than anything else. I feel that day in and day out teams in the SEC play a tougher schedule than most because there are so many good teams in the SEC. A team like KY would have a lot more wins playing in some of the other conferences...is my opionion.

Do I get excited about Auburn winning a National Championship? Not a lot. I live 30 miles from the Alabama/Mississippi/Tennessee (in TN) border so I get SEC football from all around. Many of my friends are Bama fans. Most are TN fans. I did root for Auburn because they really aren't a TN rival.

Am I sold out SEC? Sort of but I can tell you now I don't root for Florida ever. I have a very tough time rooting for Bama (don't know that I ever have)....and could never root for SC as long as Spurrier is there. I just liked the SEC winning again for this thread...it was interesting to read how over- rated my teams division is.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Turn Off Ads?