Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddy Sanchez traded to Giants

Freddy Sanchez traded to Giants

For Tim Alderson. No money exchanged. VERY impressive haul for the Pirates.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Freddy Sanchez traded to Giants

I can't wait to see how the Pirates will continue to screw up their team over the next 2-3 years with their recent additions.

How long before the Reds are looking up at the Pirates in the standings?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    2011 definitely, unless the Pirates find a way to continue to screw things up.

I'll give it 5 games.

This team could make the Pope contemplate suicide. They're terrible in so many ways.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

If the Reds don't finish in 1st or 2nd then it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Oh, it matters. Finishing behind the Pirates is...I can't even think of how to describe it, because I never thought it would be possible.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    In terms of symbolism though, it does say something. Dead last. Dead last in the weakest division in baseball.

Put that in their pipes and smoke it.

I'd say firesell everything, but no one wants the crap the Reds are peddling. So not only are they awful, but they're ungodly expensive and ours for the life of their contracts.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    In terms of symbolism though, it does say something. Dead last. Dead last in the weakest division in baseball.

I'd say firesell everything, but no one wants the crap the Reds are peddling. So not only are they awful, but they're ungodly expensive and ours for the life of their contracts.
    That pretty much sums it up. Wayne misfired a little too frequently, and Walt's kept his powder so dry that it's evaporated.

This is how a firesale works. Trade everything you have that isn't part of the future for as much future value as you can get. Shame the Reds couldn't do this 5 years ago when it was clear they needed a full rebuild.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    That pretty much sums it up. Wayne misfired a little too frequently, and Walt's kept his powder so dry that it's evaporated.
    Yep. If the Reds can't move Harang or Arroyo by the end of the summer, 2010 is DOA.

I can't believe how fast Harang has fallen off a cliff.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-29-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    This is how a firesale works. Trade everything you have that isn't part of the future for as much future value as you can get. Shame the Reds couldn't do this 5 years ago when it was clear they needed a full rebuild.
    At this point, I think the question to ask isn't "who's not part of the future?" rather "Is there a single MLB talent on the 40 man roster?"

This franchise is a disgrace that even the sharpest of statistical minds couldn't fix.

Finishing last shouldn't be what the Reds need to know they haven't been good for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Yep. If the Reds can't move Harang or Arroyo by the end of the summer, 2010 is DOA.
    Who the hell would want them? You can eliminate the contenders from that list.

No one's going to take a flyer on them because they're too damn expensive.

Who the hell would want them? You can eliminate the contenders from that list.

No one's going to take a flyer on them because they're too damn expensive.
    And why would a contender want to start a guy who gives up 5 runs in 5-6 innings nearly every time out?

Turn Off Ads?