Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AL Gold Glove Awards

AL Gold Glove Awards

http://www.baseball-reference.com/

If you're not laughing, keep looking.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: AL Gold Glove Awards

"Well, let's see... who to give gold gloves to this year... well, I mean, Jeter and Ichiro it goes without saying... now let's look at some numbers, and actually decide for the other seven."

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, down by 1. The ball is hit sharply up the middle (or in the hole). Of all SS in the AL, Jeter is the one most voters would want making the play?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, down by 1. The ball is hit sharply up the middle (or in the hole). Of all SS in the AL, Jeter is the one most voters would want making the play?
    I think you just put more effort into that logic than they did.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I always thought Horace Clarke should have won some more GG than he did.

I like that Baseball-reference added an aside on Jeter, "We can't believe it either" over into the NL list side.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post

Well at least Gutierrez got his over Hunter. He deserved one. The good news of that is Bruce will probably get his as well.
    Last edited by nemesis; 11-09-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I like that Baseball-reference added an aside on Jeter, "We can't believe it either" over into the NL list side.
    That's what I meant by: if you're not laughing, keep looking. Although, now that I think again, maybe some laughed without seeing that.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

After getting snubbed in 2009, I'd like to see Greg Maddux get the NL P award in the 2010 voting.

They removed the Jeter comment from the front page now... hmm.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Is it gold glove or iron glove?
    Go Gators!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I was amused that earlier today Twitter was filled with more comments about the ridiculous awarding of Jeter with another GG than comments about who actually deserved their awards, LOL

That said, Jeter wasn't even the best SS in his own division. How on earth did he win for the entire AL?!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Sometimes we have to laugh to keep from crying.

IMO, Derek Jeter has nothing to be ashamed of....

Too bad we can't say the same about the people that voted for him.

Crawford's the 1st left fielder to win a GG since Darin Erstad in 2000. I don't remember this, but I guess it took the Angels a little while to figure out that they should probably play Erstad in center and Anderson in left instead of the other way around.

Crawford's the 1st left fielder to win a GG since Darin Erstad in 2000. I don't remember this, but I guess it took the Angels a little while to figure out that they should probably play Erstad in center and Anderson in left instead of the other way around.
    And then they played him at first. Genius!

Turn Off Ads?