Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

1 1.11%
  • Brad Boxberger

8 8.89%
  • Daniel Corcino

0 0%
  • Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • Danny Dorn

0 0%
  • Juan Duran

5 5.56%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

1 1.11%
  • Ismael Guillon

12 13.33%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Donnie Joseph

20 22.22%
  • Ryan LaMarre

0 0%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

5 5.56%
  • Felix Perez

1 1.11%
  • Henry Rodriguez

0 0%
  • David Sappelt

27 30.00%
  • Neftali Soto

0 0%
  • Ronald Torreyes

3 3.33%
  • Chris Valaika

7 7.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Aroldis Chapman, LHP
    Prospect #2 - Devin Mesoraco, C
    Prospect #3 - Yorman Rodriguez, CF
    Prospect #4 - Yonder Alonso, 1B
    Prospect #5 - Billy Hamilton, SS
    Prospect #6 - Yasmani Grandal, C
    Prospect #7 - Todd Frazier, IF/OF
    Prospect #8 - Juan Francisco, 3B
    Prospect #9 - Zack Cozart, SS

Re: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

I went with Torreyes. I think the kid is a pure hitter.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

This vote should be fun. I went with Lotzkar. He will be in the top three of this poll this time next year.

By the way, thanks to those who produce this poll. Keeps the offseason interesting.

I went with the lefty Ismael Guillon at #10. As an 18 year old, Guillon posted some pretty impressive numbers in the hitter friendly Arizona League. He posted a 3.32 ERA in 57 innings while allowing only 39 hits and only one home run. He walked 23 and struckout 73 for an impressive 11.53 K/9. He throws in the low 90's with an advanced changeup for his age and is working on a breaking ball. He also has a projectable frame and could add another mph or two to this fastball. Guillon might have the most upside of any starting pitching prospect in the Reds minors outside of Aroldis Chapman.

Guillon here too. Considered Lotzkar.

Great, now we're at the point where I'm going to have to start doing my homework on these guys.

When I see Lotzkar, I think, "Wow." And although I think his bad mechanics are exaggerated by some people here, I'm still not ready to vote for him. That said, the next pitcher I'm taking is Correa. Until then, I'll go with LaMarre, Sappelt, or Torreyes. I'm leaning toward LaMarre since he has the highest upside.

I went with Torreyes. I think the kid is a pure hitter.
    Torreyes over Sappelt? Sappelt hit .340. I'd say that's pretty good pure hitting. And on top of that, he doesn't look like a 12 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Torreyes over Sappelt? Sappelt hit .340. I'd say that's pretty good pure hitting. And on top of that, he doesn't look like a 12 year old.
    Not that Torreyes is exactly a proven commodity, but Sappelt is still a bit of an unknown too. He had a great year, but last year he had a combined .726 OPS in 600 plate appearances. Just not sure where he's at.

Looking like a 12-year old is a non-sequitur. I don't care if he looks 12 or 40... just care that he produces.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Really? You're going to use size as a reason for picking Sappelt over Torreyes? Torreyes is likely taller, and at least he has plenty of years to put on weight and fill out.

This is the poll I've been waiting for . . . and I don't know which way to go. I like all the names mentioned so far. Think I've got it narrowed down to Valaika, Sappelt or Jacob Johnson. Outside of Chapman, I have Johnson as my highest-rated starting pitcher, based largely on what the organization seems to think of him. Pitching for Dayton last year, he was moved ahead of other good prospects, and they've raved about his coachability, maturity, learning curve, that sort of thing. My main hesitation in voting for him is that I know he won't be a factor in these polls for at least another ten or twelve spots.

All that said, Lotzkar is certainly compelling . . .

Boxberger has just as much upside as the international signings but is also more advanced. He's the pick...

Sappelt or bust here!!!! The kid wore it out last year at every level. He's also the best of'er in the system.

By the way, thanks to those who produce this poll. Keeps the offseason interesting.
    Yes indeed. I don't know much about the system (Just what teams we have, and the big names like Alonso, Cozart, Mes, Negron), and this helps me learn.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Boxberger. Above average to plus fastball depending if he is starting or relieving. Good breaking ball. Showed good control out of the rotation. Even if he winds up in the bullpen, I just can't see how his stuff doesn't play there even with his terrible go around in the bullpen this past season.

Turn Off Ads?