Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cam Newton or his handler wanted money?

Threaded View

Re: Cam Newton or his handler wanted money?

The NCAA will have the final facts. Right now in my view ESPN is trying to fill voids between actual additional facts. The original story is good reporting and there is no way ESPN couldn't go with it. But seriously, a major link on their NCAA FB page last Saturday was that Newton received a warm response from fans at Auburn's homecoming game? Seriously? Does it really matter that Cam might have had a checkered academic record in Florida given the laptop etc? Not really-it's kind of like knowing the name of Tiger's G/F. It doesn't really add anything tangible. Truthfully it just makes Florida look a little sleazy because if true, someone had to leak the info.

Citing unnamed sources in a blog entry really isn't a high bar either-its filler.

I'm confident in this though, I'll have to see it to believe it concerning the assertion that Auburn did anything wrong in this issue. That's not because I like seeing the eagle circle above Jordan-Hare stadium either. Auburn, the NCAA, and the SEC apparently knew of the Rogers allegation in January. I just don't buy that Auburn's compliance officer would've overlooked anything improper on Auburn's part given the amount of time between then and the start of the season and apparetnly they've been through Cam's finances, his father's finances and those of his father's church.

Tangible links between the Newtons and Rogers might emerge but he is no friend of the Auburn program.
    Last edited by jojo; 11-10-2010 at 01:23 PM.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?