Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

I think I lost 10 IQ points reading that. The Colts are injured but they are still tied for first in the AFC South and have a favorable schedule to end the season.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Agree to disagree. I think its over. Manning is now on the backside of his career.

4 INTs last night. (Slice it how you want, he was bad) Huge INT in the Superbowl.

The QB is not as good as he once was. Good, but no longer top-shelf.
    That's ridiculous. Did he lose it all over night? 8 games in he was the best QB in the league. The way they run their offense he has to have practice reps and his WRs have to be on the same page as him. Of guys who catch passes (WRs, RBs, TEs) they have 1 starter right now. Their O line can't produce any holes for any type of run game. I don't know of a QB in the league or in history that could do more than Manning has with the current team.

They'll be fine next year or this year if by some miracle they get healthy.

That INT in the SB was a mis-communication between Wayne and Manning. That's going to happen a couple times a game when your offense is based on hand signals and eye contact. Usually those balls fall harmlessly incomplete, but that one didn't.

Injuries happen in the NFL. To use it as an excuse doesn't fly with me. And to be honest the Colts have been very lucky with injuries over the past handful of years. Guys like Manning, Wayne, or Harrison never were out injured. Its amazing to me the injury free streak that Manning has had. To me its almost more impressive that he really has never had a minor injury. Dude has been scratch free his entire career.
    Yeah, those guys haven't been injured but they dealt with plenty of other injuries. The season they won the Super Bowl they had injury issues. Right now they have both Session and Bracket out, their two best LBs. The offensive issues speak for themselves. They're running with 2nd and 4th string RBs, 2nd and 4th string TEs. Reggie Wayne then a bunch of back ups at WR. I don't see anyone else winning with that type of depletion.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I think I lost 10 IQ points reading that. The Colts are injured but they are still tied for first in the AFC South and have a favorable schedule to end the season.
    I'd expect nothing less from someone located in Indy.

Again, I have no dog in this fight, but my only premise is that Indy is no longer a top-contender. They are behind NYJ,NE,Bal,Pitt,SD.

I'd expect nothing less from someone located in Indy.

Again, I have no dog in this fight, but my only premise is that Indy is no longer a top-contender. They are behind NYJ,NE,Bal,Pitt,SD.
    I agree they are behing those teams but I am sure none of those teams other than SD would want to play the Colts in the play-offs. If the Colts make the play offs they will probably play Pittsburgh, Baltimore or NE at home and I like the Colts chances to beat any of those teams especially Baltimore and NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That's ridiculous. Did he lose it all over night? 8 games in he was the best QB in the league. The way they run their offense he has to have practice reps and his WRs have to be on the same page as him. Of guys who catch passes (WRs, RBs, TEs) they have 1 starter right now. Their O line can't produce any holes for any type of run game. I don't know of a QB in the league or in history that could do more than Manning has with the current team.

They'll be fine next year or this year if by some miracle they get healthy.

That INT in the SB was a mis-communication between Wayne and Manning. That's going to happen a couple times a game when your offense is based on hand signals and eye contact. Usually those balls fall harmlessly incomplete, but that one didn't.

Yeah, those guys haven't been injured but they dealt with plenty of other injuries. The season they won the Super Bowl they had injury issues. Right now they have both Session and Bracket out, their two best LBs. The offensive issues speak for themselves. They're running with 2nd and 4th string RBs, 2nd and 4th string TEs. Reggie Wayne then a bunch of back ups at WR. I don't see anyone else winning with that type of depletion.
    It is not ridiculous to suggest that Peyton Manning is no longer a top-shelf QB. He's a very good QB...many teams would love to have him.

But his BEST days are in the rearview mirror. He will be 35 at the beginning of next season.

Did I just hear an excuse for a choke-job on a Superbowl-deciding drive???...I think I did.

It is not ridiculous to suggest that Peyton Manning is no longer a top-shelf QB. He's a very good QB...many teams would love to have him.

But his BEST days are in the rearview mirror. He will be 35 at the beginning of next season.

Did I just hear an excuse for a choke-job on a Superbowl-deciding drive???...I think I did.
    Do defensive players ever make good plays or do offensive players always choke?

Do defensive players ever make good plays or do offensive players always choke?
    Funny how you don't address the play. Was it a poor throw/decision by Manning? If you say no it is not, then I'm afraid I have nothing more to add.

Call it what you want but it wasn't a choke job it was exactly what I said it was. You don't like Peyton, clearly, and I do so yeah we're going to see things differently. Mannings made enough game ending drives in his career to call it a fluke rather than a choke, IMO. I'm gonna guess that you're not going to see it that way.

He was having one of the best seasons of his career half way through the season. Maybe he just started to decline and maybe it was just a coincidence that his poor play has started when his offensive skill positions have been decimated.

I guess it depends on your definition of top shelf. When his guys are healthy I still put him right there with Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rogers and Vick. Now, it could be that he's getting tired, he's only two games worth of passes from attempting more passes than he did all of last season. His picks are high right now but he's had some unlucky ones and I'll bet that will level out by the end of the year. He'll likely finish with his standard 30-33 TDs and 15-18 picks.

Funny how you don't address the play. Was it a poor throw/decision by Manning? If you say no it is not, then I'm afraid I have nothing more to add.
    It was not a great throw, it was not a great effort by Reggie Wayne to come back to the ball and it was a great play by former Hoosier Terry Porter to jump the route. Is every interception thrown a "choke job" by the quarterback?

Honesty who do you consider to be a better quarterback than Manning right now?

Wayne ran one route and Manning threw to a different route, it's as simple as that. I don't know which one was wrong, but like I said in their offense it's going to happen. Now if you want to argue that maybe they should huddle up more often to prevent these mistakes then you have an argument, but the fact is it wasn't any thing more than WR and QB not being on the same page.

Grossly unfair to say I don't like Manning Razor. He is top 5 of all time and is a class act.

Grossly unfair to say I don't like Manning Razor. He is top 5 of all time and is a class act.
    I throw around the term "choke job" for guys that I really like too. Especially when it's not accurate. Watch the replay. Wayne runs one route, Manning throws to another.

YouTube - Tracy Porter Game Winning Interception vs. Colts in Super Bowl 44

Like I say, the argument could be made that maybe they should rethink their offense to ensure they're on the same page, but it wasn't a bad throw. Manning threw it right to Porter, it wasn't like he was trying to fit it into tight coverage. He didn't throw it anywhere near Wayne, so either you'd have to believe that Manning is just awful or Wayne ran a different route than what Manning believed him to be running.

Maybe you do like him, but I just don't see how anyone could honestly think that was a bad throw. It wasn't an overthrow or an underthrow, it wasn't a mistake in trying to fit a pass in somewhere that he couldn't.

It was not a great throw, it was not a great effort by Reggie Wayne to come back to the ball and it was a great play by former Hoosier Terry Porter to jump the route. Is every interception thrown a "choke job" by the quarterback?

Honesty who do you consider to be a better quarterback than Manning right now?
    That question could be interperted many ways, so let me give you my scenario.

I will answer what QB would I want starting for my team in 2011, assuming that QB has had the offseason to get familiar with my imaginary team.

Before Manning, I would take (in no order)

Vick (injury risk of course), Brady, Brees, Cassell (yes Cassell of the 22 TD and 4 INT...really coming into his own this year), Big Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Rodgers

Intriguing names to be would be Bradford,Flacco,Orton....but I won't lie and say I'd choose them over Peyton for 2011.

So that puts him at #9 on my NFL QB list. Thats good, but not top-shelf for me. No shame in that. And I still think the Superbowl throw was a choke...I hope you don't think I'm a bad person for that.

That question could be interperted many ways, so let me give you my scenario.

I will answer what QB would I want starting for my team in 2011, assuming that QB has had the offseason to get familiar with my imaginary team.

Before Manning, I would take (in no order)

Vick (injury risk of course), Brady, Brees, Cassell (yes Cassell of the 22 TD and 4 INT...really coming into his own this year), Big Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Rodgers

Intriguing names to be would be Bradford,Flacco,Orton....but I won't lie and say I'd choose them over Peyton for 2011.

So that puts him at #9 on my NFL QB list. Thats good, but not top-shelf for me. No shame in that. And I still think the Superbowl throw was a choke...I hope you don't think I'm a bad person for that.
    I maybe blinded by my fandum in terms of believing he's still a top QB, time will tell, but I'm not wrong about that SB pick.

Turn Off Ads?