Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    Deductive reasoning. I watch television.
    Oh, you're one of those...my bad. You probably thought Adam Dunn didn't care about losing because you saw him smiling in the dugout after a loss once too, right?

Sorry I gave any time to your posts.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    His special teams and defense held the Jets to 17 points, but Peyton and his offense only scored 1 TD and settled for 3 FGs.

If the Colts hold an opponent to just 17 points, they should win the game but they just could not do so yesterday with so many 2nd stringers playing.
    They did enough that they should have won, the Jets have a pretty good D. The big thing for me though is sitting on the ball before the half.....I just can't get past that coaching mistake.

I will say that if the Jets' had a decent QB that game probably wouldn't have been very close at all. Sanchez let the Colts off the hook several times.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-09-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    Keep it under control until you get to the locker room. But nobody's ever accused him of having good sportsmanship. No biggie I guess. His legacy is already tarnished after the sb loss last season.
    Assuming you aren't here trolling. No one with any credibility has ever questioned Manning's sportsmanship or character. He is about as perfect of an example that you can find of what a professional athlete should be on and off the field.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Oh, you're one of those...my bad. You probably thought Adam Dunn didn't care about losing because you saw him smiling in the dugout after a loss once too, right?

Sorry I gave any time to your posts.
    Lol. You probably thought Dunn & Griffey were good for the team.

No offense but the Colts just weren't that good of a team this season, they are where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Assuming you aren't here trolling. No one with any credibility has ever questioned Manning's sportsmanship or character. He is about as perfect of an example that you can find of what a professional athlete should be on and off the field.
    He is gracious in victory and a cry-baby in defeat. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the better qb's in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    His special teams and defense held the Jets to 17 points, but Peyton and his offense only scored 1 TD and settled for 3 FGs.

If the Colts hold an opponent to just 17 points, they should win the game but they just could not do so yesterday with so many 2nd stringers playing.
    The offense only had 3 possessions in the second half, he lead scoring drives on each of them, including a drive that put them ahead. The special teams then allowed a 40+ yard kick off return and the defense could not get the Jets off the field to allow more possessions, I would say that caused the loss.

The Colts were so banged up all year just making the play-offs was a great accomplishment but it is still disappointing to lose in that fashion.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

So why did the Colts call time-out with 29 seconds left?

I really couldn't figure that one out.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So why did the Colts call time-out with 29 seconds left?

I really couldn't figure that one out.
    Because Jim Caldwell is not that great of a coach, he had a reason that made no sense to anyone.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Wow, this thread makes it painfully obvious that this is a baseball site and not a football site. Needless to say, certain posters will be ignored by me fairly quickly.

Anyway, onto the game...

I'm glad this is a written forum, because my voice is still recovering. I was a loud and proud member of the 12th man last night, and Lucas Oil was rocking! A testament to the Indy fans that they stayed so loud, despite a game with little action in the first half.

The offense: Peyton Manning showed why he is the best in the game. No mistakes, didn't force anything. He just didn't have the weapons this season. With Clark and Collie healthy, I think the outcome is much different. That said, I though Blair White looked good yesterday, and Dom Rhodes was fired up.

The defense: I don't really blame the defense for the loss. Sure, they were porous in the second half, but they had a very solid first half. I think they may have simply been worn out, having to play short-handed and playing a physical team like the Jets is even more difficult when the offense has trouble sustaining drives. The defense had 10 players go on IR this year. Ten! For them to reach this point is somewhat miraculous. That said, they need some help next year, especially the tackles and secondary.

Special Teams: Awful. Just atrocious play. Aside from Vinatieri, there is no player on the Colts special teams that should feel secure in their job. They have no threat returning kicks and to give up the huge return to the Jets that led to the FG is inexcusable. I think the injuries on the team led to a lot of players on special teams that had no business being there. Hoping for a big improvement next year.

Coaching: As much as I like Caldwell's calm demeanor, I think it is time for him to go. It seems he is doing his best to act like Tony Dungy, but he simply doesn't have the football acumen to pull it off. As bad as not trying to get some points before halftime was, the final timeout in the game was worse. You would think he would've learned after the debacle in Jacksonville, but obviously not. I think it is time for a change, despite a Super Bowl appearance and division title in his two years. (Jason Whitlock is speculating that Jon Gruden may get the some. I'm not sure Gruden is the right fit, however.)

No way Polian gets rid of Caldwell, he should imo but he won't. I think that Clyde Christianson should get shown the gate with an outsider(with Petyon's blessing) coming in as OC, I just don't think Manning respects him at all. Ray R (long name can't spell it) the special teams coach should be gone with him. With all that said the front office loves continuity and Polian has said this year Caldwell has done as good as job as he as ever seen as a head coach so no changes will be made.

Nice post ER.

Yeah, I don't see any way that Caldwell gets fired. I would hope that some of the coaches will go but if Irsay has much say about it then they won't. He's basically been saying as much on twitter.

I think the only way Caldwell is gone and I am on the fence with him is if Manning goes to Irsay and demands it. As angry as Manning looked last night after the game I wouldn't be to suprised if that happens. I wasn't a big fan of Caldwell being hired because he lacked past NFL HC experience. Caldwell did do a nice job overcoming alot of adversity with injuries but things like the TO called at the end of the game screams that he has much to learn with game management.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Yes, but those scoring drives ended in too many field goals and not enough touchdowns.

Obviously, the kick return & the Jets' last drive were what won the game for them and the Colts defense & special teams deserve criticism for that, but their offense was not flawless itself. I think they should do better than one TD in a game, but, they did come through with the scoring drive in the clutch, only to see the other units fail to repeat that clutch performan ce

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The offense only had 3 possessions in the second half, he lead scoring drives on each of them, including a drive that put them ahead. The special teams then allowed a 40+ yard kick off return and the defense could not get the Jets off the field to allow more possessions, I would say that caused the loss.

The Colts were so banged up all year just making the play-offs was a great accomplishment but it is still disappointing to lose in that fashion.

I don't follow the Colts (Bungles fan) but I heard someone say that some of the special teams problems were because their special teams players had to go play defense (or offense) because of the injuries, so they had to sign guys off the street to help with the special teams. It was kind of a ripple effect caused by the injuries. How true is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

Special Teams: Awful. Just atrocious play. Aside from Vinatieri, there is no player on the Colts special teams that should feel secure in their job. They have no threat returning kicks and to give up the huge return to the Jets that led to the FG is inexcusable. I think the injuries on the team led to a lot of players on special teams that had no business being there. Hoping for a big improvement next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red
    I'm glad this is a written forum, because my voice is still recovering. I was a loud and proud member of the 12th man last night, and Lucas Oil was rocking! A testament to the Indy fans that they stayed so loud, despite a game with little action in the first half.
    They seemed pumped! Seems like a great atmosphere at Lucas Oil. Hope to make it up there for a game some day!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?