Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

New England is just better at this point. Colts were lucky to be in it at the end.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    New England is just better at this point. Colts were lucky to be in it at the end.
    The Colts are so banged up that if they make the play offs it has to be considered a great season. I think they need to make resigning Joe Addia a priority and they need to get Petyon atleast one more weapon at receiver, not sure about the future of Garcon he has been horrible this season.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I think the only reason the Pats are "better" at this point is due to injuries. The Colts are decimated and still had a shot at winning the game late. If you take out 2 of the Pats starting 3 LBs, 2 of their safeties, their #1 and 3 RBs, their #1 TE and #2 receiver, and I think the Colts win that one.

At this point I just want some guys to get healthy. If the Colts can win their division games, they should make the playoffs. If they can get some guys healthy and playing again, watch out. If not, it is probably wait until next year.

And, not only would I look to get another WR to complement Wayne & Collie, but a RB in the off-season would be nice. I wonder if Donald Brown will ever show me something.

Yeah, I agree about the injuries, but I'm not sure if they'll be healthy enough for a deep playoff run this year.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

If they get Session, Brackett, Addai and Hart back, that would go a long way. If Collie can safely return, that is just as big. I worry that he may be too susceptible to concussions now.

And if, granted it is a HUGE "if", Bob Sanders can return for the last month and playoffs, it completely changes the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    If they get Session, Brackett, Addai and Hart back, that would go a long way. If Collie can safely return, that is just as big. I worry that he may be too susceptible to concussions now.

And if, granted it is a HUGE "if", Bob Sanders can return for the last month and playoffs, it completely changes the defense.
    Sanders is supposed to play against Dallas. I think they should go atleast 4-2 the rest of the way and that should get them in the play-offs and we could get a shot at the Patriots at Lucas Oil.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Sanders is supposed to play against Dallas. I think they should go atleast 4-2 the rest of the way and that should get them in the play-offs and we could get a shot at the Patriots at Lucas Oil.
    Yeah, I can see 4-2, but I don't see them getting NE at home. I think NE beats the Jets in a couple weeks and finishes atop their division.

They're probably going to have to go into Foxborough, if they get that far.

I don't see counting on Sanders being a good idea. He may play against Dallas and then call it a season. After all what's the difference between a dollar bill and Bob Sanders? You can get 4 quarters from a dollar.

Yeah, I can see 4-2, but I don't see them getting NE at home. I think NE beats the Jets in a couple weeks and finishes atop their division.

They're probably going to have to go into Foxborough, if they get that far.

I don't see counting on Sanders being a good idea. He may play against Dallas and then call it a season. After all what's the difference between a dollar bill and Bob Sanders? You can get 4 quarters from a dollar.
    After looking at the schedule I think IF the Colts beat the Chargers Sunday (I will be there) I think they can win out. 4-2 is a worst case scenerio IMO, 5-1 is very realistic. An imploding Titans team twice, Oakland, Jacksonville, Dallas at home and San Diego should net 5 wins.

I am not counting on Sanders but if he comes back he will be a huge lift to the D and honestly the team, I think he is that much of an impact player still.

The game tonight was embarrassing. I know they are injured but I am getting tired of excuses. I really think they need to look long and hard at Jim Caldwell in the off season, I think they are declining and are just now well coached. I think they could get Gruden and that would be a huge improvement coaching wise.

The game tonight was embarrassing. I know they are injured but I am getting tired of excuses. I really think they need to look long and hard at Jim Caldwell in the off season, I think they are declining and are just now well coached. I think they could get Gruden and that would be a huge improvement coaching wise.
    I don't see a coaching change making one bit of difference. They've got 7 key starters out on both sides of the ball, it's really hard to win that way. It's not really an excuse, it's just the way it is.

The Colts offense is a bunch of hand signals and code. With many of the main guys being new and or not practicing much, the offense is really going to continue to struggle.

I agree with what you said earlier:

The Colts are so banged up that if they make the play offs it has to be considered a great season.

I don't see a coaching change making one bit of difference. They've got 7 key starters out on both sides of the ball, it's really hard to win that way. It's not really an excuse, it's just the way it is.

The Colts offense is a bunch of hand signals and code. With many of the main guys being new and or not practicing much, the offense is really going to continue to struggle.

I agree with what you said earlier:
    I agree about the 7 key starters being out and I actually agree with you about the practicing. I see you live in Texas do you get to watch the games? The Colts were not as sharp as they have been in the past when they were healthy. There were contracts disputes and malcontents speaking out in the media, I do not remember that happening under Dungy. The Colts make more mistakes now then they ever did when Tony Dungy was coach. The Colts are not close to being the same team they were under Dungy, Caldwell is not in the same class as Dungy and I do not think he gets the same respect as Dungy did. Just my opinion.

Coming from a fan of the NFL with no allegiance/hatred of the Colts...

It looks like their days as a top contender are over.

I agree about the 7 key starters being out and I actually agree with you about the practicing. I see you live in Texas do you get to watch the games? The Colts were not as sharp as they have been in the past when they were healthy. There were contracts disputes and malcontents speaking out in the media, I do not remember that happening under Dungy. The Colts make more mistakes now then they ever did when Tony Dungy was coach. The Colts are not close to being the same team they were under Dungy, Caldwell is not in the same class as Dungy and I do not think he gets the same respect as Dungy did. Just my opinion.
    Injuries happen in the NFL. To use it as an excuse doesn't fly with me. And to be honest the Colts have been very lucky with injuries over the past handful of years. Guys like Manning, Wayne, or Harrison never were out injured. Its amazing to me the injury free streak that Manning has had. To me its almost more impressive that he really has never had a minor injury. Dude has been scratch free his entire career.

As for Dungy this may be unpopular with Colts fans but I think he held the team back. IMO they should have won at least 2 Super Bowls with him at the helm. I feel as if they always underachieved in the playoffs under Dungy. As for Caldwell the jury is out way too early. Heck they did just make it to the Super Bowl last season and if it weren't for some gutsy coaching (Sean Payton) and an awful INT (Payton Manning) the Colts may have been champs last season.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Coming from a fan of the NFL with no allegiance/hatred of the Colts...

It looks like their days as a top contender are over.
    Nope, the QB is too good. As long as that remains true, enough of everything else can be fixed on the fly over an offseason to keep them up there with other top contenders.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Nope, the QB is too good. As long as that remains true, enough of everything else can be fixed on the fly over an offseason to keep them up there with other top contenders.
    Agree to disagree. I think its over. Manning is now on the backside of his career.

4 INTs last night. (Slice it how you want, he was bad) Huge INT in the Superbowl.

The QB is not as good as he once was. Good, but no longer top-shelf.

Turn Off Ads?