Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

This defense is so bad. It doesn't help that the Colts can't run the ball and therefore can't take any time off the clock to give 'em a break.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like Peyton decided he's just gonna lean on Reggie as much as he possibly can.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

That is two weeks in a row that Reggie has dropped a pass off his chest. Crazy.

Defense needs to step up huge here.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Stomach punch.

Screw it. Just lose out and try to get the best draft pick possible.

This team lacks discipline imo, the coaching staff has to take some heat.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Screw it. Just lose out and try to get the best draft pick possible.
    Yeah...there are some nice QBs in next years draft.

I kid.

The Colts are 8-9 since they punted the perfect season against the J-E-T-S last season. Are the football gods paying them back for dishonoring them? Or was there damage done in the locker room and the players have no respect for Jim Caldwell seeing him only as a puppet for Bill naPolian?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The Colts are 8-9 since they punted the perfect season against the J-E-T-S last season. Are the football gods paying them back for dishonoring them? Or was there damage done in the locker room and the players have no respect for Jim Caldwell seeing him only as a puppet for Bill naPolian?
    I really don't think that has anything to do with it. They played well in the playoffs last year.

Healthy they're a good team, good enough to win their division, even with the porous line, but not good enough to sustain the injuries they've had.

I really don't think that has anything to do with it. They played well in the playoffs last year.

Healthy they're a good team, good enough to win their division, even with the porous line, but not good enough to sustain the injuries they've had.
    I think you are right but I still say the coaching staff has taken a step back without Tony Dungy. I think they are missing Howard Mudd and Tom Moore as well.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I think you are right but I still say the coaching staff has taken a step back without Tony Dungy. I think they are missing Howard Mudd and Tom Moore as well.
    I'm starting to come around to the idea that you are right about the mistakes having to do with coaching staff.

I'm starting to come around to the idea that you are right about the mistakes having to do with coaching staff.
    The leverage penalty by Foster during the field goal was unexcusable. That was an absolute bone headed move by someone who had to of known better. IMO that single play more than any other play cost the Colts the game. Instead of giving the Cowboys 3 that penalty happened and we instead gave them 8.

I am not one to gripe much about coaching but it is obvious this team is not overly disciplined.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Four notes:

1. Jim Caldwell still has the air of a substitute teacher about him. I don't think he's taken seriously by players or management.

2. Howard Mudd could make chicken salad out of chicken *** on the O-line. Pete Metzelaars can't.

3. Since the line gets overpowered at the point of attack, how about more pulling, trapping, etc...whatever happened to the "stretch play"?

4. For a genius, Bill Polian sure has whiffed on a lot of #1 draft choices lately.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Four notes:

1. Jim Caldwell still has the air of a substitute teacher about him. I don't think he's taken seriously by players or management.

2. Howard Mudd could make chicken salad out of chicken *** on the O-line. Pete Metzelaars can't.

3. Since the line gets overpowered at the point of attack, how about more pulling, trapping, etc...whatever happened to the "stretch play"?

4. For a genius, Bill Polian sure has whiffed on a lot of #1 draft choices lately.
    I agree with everything you have said plus I think you have to add Clyde Christianson not having Manning's respect as a #5.

The Colts bring back Dom Rhodes today, he will probably be the #1 back up Thursday night. I wonder if Marvin Harrison or Billy Brooks are the next man up at receiver?

Turn Off Ads?