Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 287

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

  1. #181
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    Deductive reasoning. I watch television.
    Oh, you're one of those...my bad. You probably thought Adam Dunn didn't care about losing because you saw him smiling in the dugout after a loss once too, right?

    Sorry I gave any time to your posts.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #182
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    His special teams and defense held the Jets to 17 points, but Peyton and his offense only scored 1 TD and settled for 3 FGs.

    If the Colts hold an opponent to just 17 points, they should win the game but they just could not do so yesterday with so many 2nd stringers playing.
    They did enough that they should have won, the Jets have a pretty good D. The big thing for me though is sitting on the ball before the half.....I just can't get past that coaching mistake.


    I will say that if the Jets' had a decent QB that game probably wouldn't have been very close at all. Sanchez let the Colts off the hook several times.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-09-2011 at 03:38 PM.

  4. #183
    Beer is good!! George Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,754

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    Keep it under control until you get to the locker room. But nobody's ever accused him of having good sportsmanship. No biggie I guess. His legacy is already tarnished after the sb loss last season.
    Assuming you aren't here trolling. No one with any credibility has ever questioned Manning's sportsmanship or character. He is about as perfect of an example that you can find of what a professional athlete should be on and off the field.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

  5. #184
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    303

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Oh, you're one of those...my bad. You probably thought Adam Dunn didn't care about losing because you saw him smiling in the dugout after a loss once too, right?

    Sorry I gave any time to your posts.
    Lol. You probably thought Dunn & Griffey were good for the team.

    No offense but the Colts just weren't that good of a team this season, they are where they belong.

  6. #185
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    303

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Assuming you aren't here trolling. No one with any credibility has ever questioned Manning's sportsmanship or character. He is about as perfect of an example that you can find of what a professional athlete should be on and off the field.
    He is gracious in victory and a cry-baby in defeat. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the better qb's in the league.

  7. #186
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    His special teams and defense held the Jets to 17 points, but Peyton and his offense only scored 1 TD and settled for 3 FGs.

    If the Colts hold an opponent to just 17 points, they should win the game but they just could not do so yesterday with so many 2nd stringers playing.
    The offense only had 3 possessions in the second half, he lead scoring drives on each of them, including a drive that put them ahead. The special teams then allowed a 40+ yard kick off return and the defense could not get the Jets off the field to allow more possessions, I would say that caused the loss.

    The Colts were so banged up all year just making the play-offs was a great accomplishment but it is still disappointing to lose in that fashion.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  8. #187
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,272

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    So why did the Colts call time-out with 29 seconds left?

    I really couldn't figure that one out.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  9. #188
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So why did the Colts call time-out with 29 seconds left?

    I really couldn't figure that one out.
    Because Jim Caldwell is not that great of a coach, he had a reason that made no sense to anyone.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  10. #189
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Wow, this thread makes it painfully obvious that this is a baseball site and not a football site. Needless to say, certain posters will be ignored by me fairly quickly.

    Anyway, onto the game...

    I'm glad this is a written forum, because my voice is still recovering. I was a loud and proud member of the 12th man last night, and Lucas Oil was rocking! A testament to the Indy fans that they stayed so loud, despite a game with little action in the first half.

    The offense: Peyton Manning showed why he is the best in the game. No mistakes, didn't force anything. He just didn't have the weapons this season. With Clark and Collie healthy, I think the outcome is much different. That said, I though Blair White looked good yesterday, and Dom Rhodes was fired up.

    The defense: I don't really blame the defense for the loss. Sure, they were porous in the second half, but they had a very solid first half. I think they may have simply been worn out, having to play short-handed and playing a physical team like the Jets is even more difficult when the offense has trouble sustaining drives. The defense had 10 players go on IR this year. Ten! For them to reach this point is somewhat miraculous. That said, they need some help next year, especially the tackles and secondary.

    Special Teams: Awful. Just atrocious play. Aside from Vinatieri, there is no player on the Colts special teams that should feel secure in their job. They have no threat returning kicks and to give up the huge return to the Jets that led to the FG is inexcusable. I think the injuries on the team led to a lot of players on special teams that had no business being there. Hoping for a big improvement next year.

    Coaching: As much as I like Caldwell's calm demeanor, I think it is time for him to go. It seems he is doing his best to act like Tony Dungy, but he simply doesn't have the football acumen to pull it off. As bad as not trying to get some points before halftime was, the final timeout in the game was worse. You would think he would've learned after the debacle in Jacksonville, but obviously not. I think it is time for a change, despite a Super Bowl appearance and division title in his two years. (Jason Whitlock is speculating that Jon Gruden may get the some. I'm not sure Gruden is the right fit, however.)

  11. #190
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    No way Polian gets rid of Caldwell, he should imo but he won't. I think that Clyde Christianson should get shown the gate with an outsider(with Petyon's blessing) coming in as OC, I just don't think Manning respects him at all. Ray R (long name can't spell it) the special teams coach should be gone with him. With all that said the front office loves continuity and Polian has said this year Caldwell has done as good as job as he as ever seen as a head coach so no changes will be made.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  12. #191
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Nice post ER.

    Yeah, I don't see any way that Caldwell gets fired. I would hope that some of the coaches will go but if Irsay has much say about it then they won't. He's basically been saying as much on twitter.

  13. #192
    Beer is good!! George Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,754

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    I think the only way Caldwell is gone and I am on the fence with him is if Manning goes to Irsay and demands it. As angry as Manning looked last night after the game I wouldn't be to suprised if that happens. I wasn't a big fan of Caldwell being hired because he lacked past NFL HC experience. Caldwell did do a nice job overcoming alot of adversity with injuries but things like the TO called at the end of the game screams that he has much to learn with game management.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

  14. #193
    Go Reds Go! UKFlounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    1,882

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Yes, but those scoring drives ended in too many field goals and not enough touchdowns.

    Obviously, the kick return & the Jets' last drive were what won the game for them and the Colts defense & special teams deserve criticism for that, but their offense was not flawless itself. I think they should do better than one TD in a game, but, they did come through with the scoring drive in the clutch, only to see the other units fail to repeat that clutch performan ce

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The offense only had 3 possessions in the second half, he lead scoring drives on each of them, including a drive that put them ahead. The special teams then allowed a 40+ yard kick off return and the defense could not get the Jets off the field to allow more possessions, I would say that caused the loss.

    The Colts were so banged up all year just making the play-offs was a great accomplishment but it is still disappointing to lose in that fashion.

  15. #194
    Go Reds Go! UKFlounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    1,882

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    I don't follow the Colts (Bungles fan) but I heard someone say that some of the special teams problems were because their special teams players had to go play defense (or offense) because of the injuries, so they had to sign guys off the street to help with the special teams. It was kind of a ripple effect caused by the injuries. How true is that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

    Special Teams: Awful. Just atrocious play. Aside from Vinatieri, there is no player on the Colts special teams that should feel secure in their job. They have no threat returning kicks and to give up the huge return to the Jets that led to the FG is inexcusable. I think the injuries on the team led to a lot of players on special teams that had no business being there. Hoping for a big improvement next year.

  16. #195
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,283

    Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red
    I'm glad this is a written forum, because my voice is still recovering. I was a loud and proud member of the 12th man last night, and Lucas Oil was rocking! A testament to the Indy fans that they stayed so loud, despite a game with little action in the first half.
    They seemed pumped! Seems like a great atmosphere at Lucas Oil. Hope to make it up there for a game some day!

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25