Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

2010 Indianapolis Colts

I know there are a few Colts fans on here, so I thought some team discussion would be good.

Overall, I am actually very happy with where the team is now. They have had to deal with a LOT of injuries, a trend that will continue this week. The following players have not practiced this week: Anthony Gonzalez, Mike Hart, Joseph Addai, Justin Tryon, Clint Session, Antonio Johnson, Robert Mathis, Jerraud Powers, Brody Eldridge and Bob Sanders. Not to mention Dallas Clark, who is on IR. Ouch.

On the plus side Austin Collie is back in practice, which would be huge this week, especially in 3 receiver sets.

The Eagles are very good following their bye weeks, so I am a bit nervous to say the least.

At this point I just want to team to hang onto the division lead and get healthy. If they can get many of their starters back, this is a very dangerous team that could potentially be overlooked a bit.

Oh yeah, they do have that Manning guy, who was named as the 8th best player in NFL history according to NFL Network.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

From what I've heard collie is out for sure this week. I'm really interested to see how the d will handle vick. They're really good against the pass and horrible against the run, so I'm worried Jackson and vick will have big days on the ground. At least I have vick in my fantasy league. I also picked up Jacob tamme this week.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    From what I've heard collie is out for sure this week. I'm really interested to see how the d will handle vick. They're really good against the pass and horrible against the run, so I'm worried Jackson and vick will have big days on the ground. At least I have vick in my fantasy league. I also picked up Jacob tamme this week.
    As did I . I had Clark(and am keeping him as it is a dynasty league) but I liked what I saw from Tamme. With Eldridge hurt and Gonzalez and possibly Collie out this week, I think he is in for a big week.

It will be interesting to see if the speed of Freeney can match/contain Vick. If I'm the Colts, I rush the front four only and put the LBs in a zone/contain package.

3rd total offense (Pts/Gm)
    12th total defense (Pts/Gm)

Great passing game with a good pass rush. Tough team to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Collie has practiced full participation the last 2 days and that usually means he is going to play.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Collie has practiced full participation the last 2 days and that usually means he is going to play.
    That's good. I was listening to mpos on Monday or Tuesday and they said he was gonna practice but he wasn't going to play. But it appears as if you're right and he is going to play, which is awesome.

Collie is officially listed as questionable, but it looks like he will play.

Anthony Gonzalez, aka "Mr. Glass", was placed on IR. He is getting up there with Bob Sanders in terms of fragility.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Collie is officially listed as questionable, but it looks like he will play.

Anthony Gonzalez, aka "Mr. Glass", was placed on IR. He is getting up there with Bob Sanders in terms of fragility.
    I think he will be gone after this season, he lost his starting job and complained about it to the media in training camp and then can't stay on the field when he comes back.

Say a prayer for Austin Collie. He got DRILLED helmet-to-helmet, didn't move at all, was carried out. I did see him blink a couple times as he was carried off, but that's all.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Actually, while he got drilled..... it was NOT helmet to helmet. Both players laid shoulders into him. The penalty was for hitting a defenseless receiver. And even that as Phil Simms pointed out was a bad call. Collie had time to see the defenders and brace himself.

Actually, while he got drilled..... it was NOT helmet to helmet. Both players laid shoulders into him. The penalty was for hitting a defenseless receiver. And even that as Phil Simms pointed out was a bad call. Collie had time to see the defenders and brace himself.
    Alright. Well, regardless, I'm hearing that he's up and moving now and only has a concussion. That's great news.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    It sure looked like he got hit helmet to helmet to me, it was not intentional but still helmet to helmet.

I was actually pleased with the game that the Colts gave the Eagles. With the number of injuries and losing Collie in the first half, to be in the game until the end says a lot. If this team gets healthy come playoff time, look out.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Uh, the guy from the backside clearly went helmet to helmet. I don't think he meant to but he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I was actually pleased with the game that the Colts gave the Eagles. With the number of injuries and losing Collie in the first half, to be in the game until the end says a lot. If this team gets healthy come playoff time, look out.
    I'm disappointed in garcon. I think he runs poor routes. He's seems to be off of peytons page more than anyone else. He appears more and more as a guy that's only useful for stretching the d with by going deep.

Turn Off Ads?