Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Collie goes to the IR. And they sign Safety Ken Hamlin.

That sucks about Collie, but you had to figure it was coming. No way do they let him go back out there and get concussed again this season.

I don't know how much Hamlin will help. I watched him play with Dallas a few times last year...seemed decent.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Collie goes to the IR. And they sign Safety Ken Hamlin.

That sucks about Collie, but you had to figure it was coming. No way do they let him go back out there and get concussed again this season.

I don't know how much Hamlin will help. I watched him play with Dallas a few times last year...seemed decent.
    It won't happen but it would be refreshing to see the Colts tell Collie that his career is over and offer him a job within the organization. He suffered two nasty but legal hits. He may just be a guy who is prone to head injuries.

Addai says he's playing tomorrow. Good news. Probably a wash with losing Collie.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Okay, so my "sky is falling" post during the Collie injury aftermath seems to have been premature. The last two weeks I have been very impressed by the passion shown by this team, especially the defense.

Peyton is still struggling with Collie and Clark down, but hopefully the return of Addai and Dom can provide enough of a spark rushing the ball to help the passing game.

Special teams continues to be atrocious. One more week to get that into shape.

The season comes down to this week, at home against the Titans. Win and the AFC South championship belongs to the Colts. A loss and a Jaguars win, and the Colts are sitting at home. Truthfully, if they can't beat the Titans at home they don't deserve the playoff spot.

So, I'll be rooting for the Colts and Raiders this week. If Oakland beats KC, the Colts get the #3 seed in the playoffs. They will play either the Jets, Ravens or Steelers.

The running game looked decent yesterday. I'm actually fairly impressed with Rhodes, I think he and Addai are a nice mix.

One of Peyton's picks hit Garcon in the chest, so that's kinda frustrating.

And the defense looked good as well.

I agree if they can't beat the Titans in Indy then they don't deserve the playoffs. Fisher will be ready though, this is his Super Bowl. I expect a lot of tricks and probably an onside kick in the first quarter, maybe even to start the game if the Colts win the toss.

Guess who has two tickets on the 50 for the Colts wild card round playoff game?

Guess who has two tickets on the 50 for the Colts wild card round playoff game?
    Sweet. Sounds like fun.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

The Colts’ Friday injury report is as follows:

FULL PARTICIPATION
    DT-Eric Foster (Biceps)
    DE-Dwight Freeney (rested)
    RB-Mike Hart (ankle)
    OT-Charlie Johnson (groin)
    DE-Robert Mathis (rested)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
    DT-Dan Muir (chest)
    C-Jeff Saturday (hip)
    LB-Clint Session (elbow)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
    DB-Al Afalava (ankle)
    DB-Kelvin Hayden (neck)
    OG-Jaimie Thomas (ankle)

Getting Hart and Session back would be nice. It seems like (aside from Collie, Clark and Sanders obviously) the Colts are getting healthy at precisely the right time. I wonder if teams in the playoffs (I'm assuming they'll get in) may overlook them based on their regular season struggles.

The Colts will host the Jets Saturday night at 8:00. I can't wait! Hopefully the Colts will be 2-0 in playoff games that I've attended. Now, to make some reservations at Weber Grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

The Colts will host the Jets Saturday night at 8:00. I can't wait! Hopefully the Colts will be 2-0 in playoff games that I've attended. Now, to make some reservations at Weber Grill.
    Have you been to Weber Grill before?? We went a couple weeks ago and it was very bad.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Have you been to Weber Grill before?? We went a couple weeks ago and it was very bad.
    We've been to the one in Chicago a couple times and we liked it a lot, but can't speak for the one in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Twice. We enjoyed it both times. Plus we ate there last year before the Colts won their playoff game vs. Baltimore so we are hoping for a similar evening.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Congrats to the Colts! They've had a hard year so I'm glad things came together enough for them to win their division. Now I have at least one team to root for in the playoffs.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

As a Dolphins fan, I hate the Jets with a burning passion. Please beat them.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Well Manning got some guys healthy and finished the last four games looking pretty good. 9 TDs, 2 INTs, and completed 67% of his passes. Finished the season with 33 TDs and 17 INTs, pretty much what he did last year. Who thought I would be right when I said this back in the midst of the dark days?:

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

He was having one of the best seasons of his career half way through the season. Maybe he just started to decline and maybe it was just a coincidence that his poor play has started when his offensive skill positions have been decimated.

I guess it depends on your definition of top shelf. When his guys are healthy I still put him right there with Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rogers and Vick. Now, it could be that he's getting tired, he's only two games worth of passes from attempting more passes than he did all of last season. His picks are high right now but he's had some unlucky ones and I'll bet that will level out by the end of the year. He'll likely finish with his standard 30-33 TDs and 15-18 picks.
    I think the really big thing though was that he just didn't have to throw as much. In the last 4 games he attempted 36 passes per compared to the first 12 where he attempted 41 passes per. I don't know many QBs that can be successful in that situation. Just look at Drew Brees. 41+ attempts per game for the season and 22 INTs, I don't think he's on the down side of his career.

Turn Off Ads?