Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    There will be no problems, Wayne had over 100 catches in the season so how could he really be upset because he was frozen out of one game.
    And if there are continuing problems between the two, Peyton ain't going anywhere.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Got to go OL early and often, the DT situation is actually ok with Mookie Johnson, Muir, Foster and Moala. Not really sure if they need to go WR, they have Wayne, Garcon, Collie, and Gonzalez.
    I don't see in what universe the DT position is covered. They got absolutely torched by the rush this year, save for the four game period down the stretch. Having bodies is not the same as having playmakers. The Colts need at least one big, run stopping DT, IMO.

As for WR, I think any plan that relies on Collie and Gonzalez is flawed. Who knows if Collie can return? And Gonzalez is entering Bob Sanders territory. Get a speedy WR, and if the other two are healthy, the Colts at least have a bona fide threat in the return game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I don't see in what universe the DT position is covered. They got absolutely torched by the rush this year, save for the four game period down the stretch. Having bodies is not the same as having playmakers. The Colts need at least one big, run stopping DT, IMO.

As for WR, I think any plan that relies on Collie and Gonzalez is flawed. Who knows if Collie can return? And Gonzalez is entering Bob Sanders territory. Get a speedy WR, and if the other two are healthy, the Colts at least have a bona fide threat in the return game.
    Gonzalez has been a bust as a Colts WR. And that comes from a huge Gonzalez fan from OSU. I thought he would be a great fit in the slot for Payton but he just can't stay healthy.

I wonder if Collie should ever play another game. The guy had two awful concussions this season. I really wonder if he is thinking retirement.

But for Colts and Manning he has been able to get buy with average drafted slot WR's for his career. No need to waste a top 2 draft pick on that. Heck the Bengals got what looks like a good one in Shippley in the 3rd round.

Yeah, but can they get a playmaking DT with the 22nd pick? I honestly don't know. Fairely and Nevis are the only two I can think of and I'm sure they'll both be gone by 22. Maybe trade that pick for an established DT? I guess that will depend on what happens with the CBA. Other than that I think they could get a good O Lineman at 22 and they need that just as much as DT.

I like Gonzales and Collie but like you said not sure that we can count on them to be healthy. But I think they can get a good slot guy late in the draft.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-15-2011 at 06:59 PM.

The Colts scheme is not dependent on stud DT and Mookie Johnson, Muir, Foster and Moala are good enough. Moala made major strides this season and will be even better next season. Collie is progressing fine and should be back with no problems next year. I would not mind seeing them get a receiver who can help in the return game but I do not think that is a priority. Gonzalez actually could have returned about week 10 this past season but the FO made a mistake by putting him on the IR (direct from "Nap"Polians mouth on the Bill Polian show). The Colts also have their third round pick from a year ago coming back and he is a corner (Thomas is his last name and he is from USC). I think they should go OT with the first pick and then safety. The rest of the draft should be to fill depth on special teams and receiver and running back.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

The Colts scheme is not dependent on stud DT and Mookie Johnson, Muir, Foster and Moala are good enough. Moala made major strides this season and will be even better next season.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...jets-at-colts/

Itís a question we ask every year, but when are the Colts going to seriously think about upgrading their defensive tackle situation? Both Fili Moala (-2.8) and Daniel Muir (-1.8) had some big time struggles with the Jets interior when they ran the ball, constantly blocked away from the ball carriers as the New York were able to run at will in the second half. This isnít a one-off and is recurring trend for as long as I can remember, so Iíll ask the question again. When will the Colts sort this issue out?
    If this year is an indication of the Colts scheme and DT's being "good enough", then the scheme is broken. In a division with Arian Foster, Chris Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew, the Colts must have DTs that can stop the run.

If this year is an indication of the Colts scheme and DT's being "good enough", then the scheme is broken. In a division with Arian Foster, Chris Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew, the Colts must have DTs that can stop the run.
    I would be shocked if the Colts drafted a DT in the top 4 rounds, there are higher priorities. If the Colts changed their scheme it would be atleast a 2-3 year rebuilding process and that is not going to happen with Manning being 34 years old.
    Last edited by redsfanmia; 01-16-2011 at 03:36 PM.

I agree with this...I think Moala is going to be good, get another DT to pair with him and I think the run defense drastically improves. I think the Colts need to draft two guys for the OL. Saturday is getting older and I think they need to find his replacement. I donít think Richard has shown me enough to believe he should be the guy. I would like to see a WR who can stretch the field. I feel Wayne has slowed and has become a possession receiver.

I wouldnít be opposed to signing Logan Mankins (I believe heíll be a free agent) but since Polian doesnít like to sign free agents, ( I think Mankins wants to be paid) and the uncertainty of the CBA (cap space)ÖI doubt this happens

The article made me think of this thread and the endless Peyton/playoff record debate:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/2/1...ive-in-playoff

Some NFL news.

@jimirsay We have released Bob Sanders today. We thank Bob 4 all his incredible contributions from his Sup Bowl pic 2 def player of year honors.

A buddy of mine wants the Bengals to pick up Sanders. I told him he is a great player, but unfortunately is made of glass. He makes Ken Griffey Jr look like Cal Ripken. 9 games played in 3 years- yikes.

AP Source: Sanders agrees with Chargers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...argers-sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    AP Source: Sanders agrees with Chargers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...argers-sanders
    Wonder if he pulled a ligament in his thumb signing the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah thats generally happens when you go from putting a crappy team to a good team on the field. You think it's all about Manning? If he's gone but the Colts are still a good team then people will show up. If they suck then yeah it's probably gonna be empty.

It's not all about Peyton. There were sooo many people who hated Manning his first season.
    Looks like now we will have our chance, I do not have faith in Colt fan.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    And if there are continuing problems between the two, Peyton ain't going anywhere.
    Wow. So much for that prediction.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?