Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Uh, the guy from the backside clearly went helmet to helmet. I don't think he meant to but he did.
    You are correct here. And its the biggest problem I see with their current rules. There was nothing wrong with hit on Collie, absolutely nothing. It was an NFL hit and that happens when you go down the middle in the NFL. He caught the ball, went into a defensive position, and was hit but 3 different Eagles. Contact was made to the head but I didn't have one issue with it because it wasn't a kill shot and none of the Eagle defenders did anything but try and hit Collie excessively.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    You are correct here. And its the biggest problem I see with their current rules. There was nothing wrong with hit on Collie, absolutely nothing. It was an NFL hit and that happens when you go down the middle in the NFL. He caught the ball, went into a defensive position, and was hit but 3 different Eagles. Contact was made to the head but I didn't have one issue with it because it wasn't a kill shot and none of the Eagle defenders did anything but try and hit Collie excessively.
    It should also be pointed out that the helmet to helmet hit was the 2nd hit on him. I don't think the defender could have avoided Collie no matter what. Collie went down low, then was knocked lower when the first guy hit him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

There was no helmet to helmet hit. Both guys led with their shoulder. Only the media and fans are talking about this being helmet to helmet.

Here is the officials explanation of the call: "The fact of the matter is that the ball was incomplete," Cheffers said. "So he has protection throughout that entire process on that play because we don't have a completion. At no time did he have possession and become a runner to where he would have transitioned out of being a defenseless receiver."

Their rationale for the penalty is "defenseless receiver", not helmet to helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    There was no helmet to helmet hit. Both guys led with their shoulder. Only the media and fans are talking about this being helmet to helmet.

Here is the officials explanation of the call: "The fact of the matter is that the ball was incomplete," Cheffers said. "So he has protection throughout that entire process on that play because we don't have a completion. At no time did he have possession and become a runner to where he would have transitioned out of being a defenseless receiver."

Their rationale for the penalty is "defenseless receiver", not helmet to helmet.
    Have you seen the replay? I really don't care what the rationale was for the call, but the guy from the backside clearly makes contact with his helmet directly with Collie's helmet before he made any other contact. Watch this replay and tell me it's not helmet to helmet.

YouTube - Austin Collie Injured on Big Hit .. Eagles vs. Colts 2010
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm disappointed in garcon. I think he runs poor routes. He's seems to be off of peytons page more than anyone else. He appears more and more as a guy that's only useful for stretching the d with by going deep.
    True. There was one play in particular that I remember where Garcon was slanting up the middle of the field and the ball hit off his hands. Seems to be a running trend with him. However, if Collie is healthy, a trio of Wayne/Collie/Garcon is well above average.

I have been impressed with Tamme so far. There are a few times it looks like he and Peyton haven't clicked yet, but overall I think his performance has been great filling in for Clark.

I am trying to find tickets for my step-father & I for Sunday's game. (At least one of us will be in Colts gear.) Anyone have any tickets available?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

It was a helmet to helmet hit, it was not intentional and there was not a penalty called for it but the hit was helmet to helmet.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

No surprise, but Collie and Bob Sanders have been ruled out for Sunday's game. No official word on Mike Hart or Joseph Addai yet,

Now Tamme is questionable with a back injury. The injuries on this team are unbelieveable. If Tamme is out, that would leave Wayne, Garcon and White as the only legit receivers, if you can call Garcon and White legit.

Brutal. Get well soon, Colts!!

They added Brandon James to the active roster, I think they will have enough to beat the hapless Bengals on Sunday.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Tamme was a full participant yesterday, so he'll probably play.

Big game coming up vs New England. It will be interesting to see which players are able to suit up. I read that it doesn't look good for Addai or Hart to return. More info on Collie and Session should be coming tomorrow, and apparently Tamme is doing his Dallas Clark impression with a very painful back.

Tall order to go on the road and try to take one against the Patsies with that many injuries. A win, however, and the Colts could be looking at the road to a first round playoff bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Big game coming up vs New England. It will be interesting to see which players are able to suit up. I read that it doesn't look good for Addai or Hart to return. More info on Collie and Session should be coming tomorrow, and apparently Tamme is doing his Dallas Clark impression with a very painful back.

Tall order to go on the road and try to take one against the Patsies with that many injuries. A win, however, and the Colts could be looking at the road to a first round playoff bye.
    Yeah, the Pats look really good and I wasn't that impressed with Colts vs the Bengals. But no doubt they'll be up for NE.

Stat geek...and proud
    I'm not optimistic about our chances Sunday. A good team would have beat us by 20 against Cincy.

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

Collie returns, looks really good, and then get concussed again.

*sigh*

Colts tried to come from behind and win, but ended up losing 31-28.
    Patriots didn't help the Colts out by turning the ball over like the Bengals did.

Turn Off Ads?