Thread: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Re: 2010 Indianapolis Colts

Marvin is too busy murdering people to make a comeback to the NFL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Marvin is too busy murdering people to make a comeback to the NFL
    Allegedly
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I don't really get that move. The only thing I think that it might help is that Dom is probably a better pass blocker than Hart or Brown.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't really get that move. The only thing I think that it might help is that Dom is probably a better pass blocker than Hart or Brown.
    Hart and Brown are both questionable for thursday and Addai is out so that leaves J James as our lone healthy back. Rhodes knows that play book, knows Manning and was leading the UFL in total yards. It was a good move IMO, probably should have been done weeks ago. Dom can help in the return game as well.

I wonder if they ever reached out to Edge? He can atleast help out in pass protection. I guess they really would not want to see an old Edge out there ruining his rep.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The Colts bring back Dom Rhodes today, he will probably be the #1 back up Thursday night. I wonder if Marvin Harrison or Billy Brooks are the next man up at receiver?
    Matt Bouza and Clarence Verdin.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Matt Bouza and Clarence Verdin.
    Bouza was great, I long for the days of Jesse Hester at receiver and Damon Watts at nickel corner.

I wonder what kind of shape Tarik Glenn is in. He lives in Indy. If he's in any decent shape the Colts should back a truck of cash up to his door and see if he finds his passion for football again. I bet Peyton would chip in a few mil.

Now that Bob Sanders is on the IR they have a roster spot.

One-quarter of the regular season left...the quarter that matters.

Odds of Peyton stepping carrying his team into the playoffs?

95%

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    One-quarter of the regular season left...the quarter that matters.

Odds of Peyton stepping carrying his team into the playoffs?

95%
    Chances that Peyton is able to step up in the pocket to make a pass without being drilled?.....Not too good.

You Indy guys have probably already heard about this but I just heard about it today on Dan Patrick's show.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...-off-air/42701

Colts Radio Announcer Bob Lamey Rips Peyton Manning Off-Air

Amidst Lamey’s rant was talk of NFL defenses having “figured Manning out” and that the Colts should start looking for his replacement in the 2011 draft. Lamey also expressed that he thought No. 18 should be benched in favor of Curtis Painter. That’s right, Curtis Painter. Manning has been horrible lately and thrown 11 picks in three games, but he’s still Peyton Manning.
    Bob, you shouldn't talk with food in your mouth because it sounded like you said that the Colts should bench Manning and let Curtis Painter play.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Lamey should start scouring the want ads, I believe. (Although benching Manning for Painter to protect Peyton and let him heal up may not be far off.)

I would love for a win tonight, but I don't know....the Colts defense is swiss cheese at this point. And the offense isn't much better.

May be time to scrap 2010 and look forward to 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Lamey should start scouring the want ads, I believe. (Although benching Manning for Painter to protect Peyton and let him heal up may not be far off.)

I would love for a win tonight, but I don't know....the Colts defense is swiss cheese at this point. And the offense isn't much better.

May be time to scrap 2010 and look forward to 2011.
    Yeah, if they can't beat the Titans then they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

Basically they're going to have to win out, including beating the Jags. I assume the Jags will also win out except against the Colts (with a lot of luck) and that would make their records against the division also tied. Then the tiebreaker moves to common opponents and if it comes down to that the Colts would have a 1 game advantage, assuming they win out of course and that's assuming a lot.

Is there any better example of the inexperience the Colts are dealing with than Blair White knocking an easy TD away from Reggie Wayne? That's two weeks in a row that Peyton has let White have it while they're running off the field.

I love Peyton though. He was pretty funny on the set with the NFL Network guys after the game. I like the fact that he says his poor play doesn't have anything to do with his young guys, I don't think for a second he actually believes it but I like the fact that he's not just pinning it on the young guys.

As for the game, the offense looked much better. Peyton only had to throw 35 times. Garcon played as well as he's played all season, IMO. He looked like the guy I thought he was going to be this year.

The defense....well they gave up 28 points to the Titans. I don't like their chances against Jax next week, but they do have some time maybe they'll get a little more healthy.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

The rumors of Peyton Manning's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

I am encouraged about the offense. I actually think Garcon has looked good the last two games. Hopefully he keeps the trend up. If they get Collie and Addai back, watch out.

Of course, it may be like the old days when they were forced to outscore their opponents. The definitely need help in the secondary. I'm just not sure it's coming. Getting Session back would help too.

I'm not all that worried about Jacksonville. I think the Colts let them hang in the first game and win on a somewhat lucky field goal. At home, I think the Colts win. I'd just like to see the Raiders beat them on Sunday first.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You Indy guys have probably already heard about this but I just heard about it today on Dan Patrick's show.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...-off-air/42701

Bob, you shouldn't talk with food in your mouth because it sounded like you said that the Colts should bench Manning and let Curtis Painter play.
    Wow. Is Lamey the biggest idiot in the country or just the biggest idiot east of the Mississippi?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?