Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random Thoughts, the book

Haunted by walks

Random Thoughts, the book

I think I can plug this here since it's about RedsZone and it benefits the site. Based on your encouragement, I collected the best of Random Thoughts into a book. It's a short book, but it's available online for $13.99. I don't intend to make any money from it, in fact, any money I get will go toward RedsZone's expenses. So if you're interested, you can have some RedsZone memorabilia, support the site, and relive Reds baseball in the postseason. I'm curious to see how this will work.

Here's the link:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/fandom/13516428

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Random Thoughts, the book

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    I think I can plug this here since it's about RedsZone and it benefits the site. Based on your encouragement, I collected the best of Random Thoughts into a book. It's a short book, but it's available online for $13.99. I don't intend to make any money from it, in fact, any money I get will go toward RedsZone's expenses. So if you're interested, you can have some RedsZone memorabilia, support the site, and relive Reds baseball in the postseason. I'm curious to see how this will work.

Here's the link:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/fandom/13516428
    I'll be buying it and posting it on facebook. I have plenty of friends who would probably buy it.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

, and all this time I thought "BCubb" had something to do with the Cubs.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Excellent.

Year in and year out, the best stuff on RedsZone.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

That's way cool BCubb2003
    School's out. What did you expect?

This needs to be optioned for a movie, pronto.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Help me out here...

Does the book contain ALL of your Random Thoughts threads or are these what you consider the cream of the crop?

Also, do you give the uninformed reader a date or some kind of background info to provide a reference point?

Great idea though, Cubb. Consider me interested.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski View Post
    Help me out here...

Does the book contain ALL of your Random Thoughts threads or are these what you consider the cream of the crop?

Also, do you give the uninformed reader a date or some kind of background info to provide a reference point?

Great idea though, Cubb. Consider me interested.
    It's a best of, and they're grouped according to themes. Some only a Reds fan would get, but most are easy to figure out.

I guess I should put you on the list for the complete set someday.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    It's a best of, and they're grouped according to themes. Some only a Reds fan would get, but most are easy to figure out.

I guess I should put you on the list for the complete set someday.
    Yes!

By the way, this thread gives me the opportunity to quote one of my all-time favorite Random Thoughts. It is from a thread that Cubb opened on 8-12-10 and the Reds and Cards had just had their 'confrontation' at GAB:

"We expected some of our young pitchers to hit the wall, but we didn't expect it to be Johnny Cueto."

I love it.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski View Post
    Yes!

By the way, this thread gives me the opportunity to quote one of my all-time favorite Random Thoughts. It is from a thread that Cubb opened on 8-12-10 and the Reds and Cards had just had their 'confrontation' at GAB:

"We expected some of our young pitchers to hit the wall, but we didn't expect it to be Johnny Cueto."

I love it.
    Thanks. The best of collection makes the most sense for most fans. And RedsZone already has the complete set back in its dusty vault ...

This is awesome! Will you be signing copies at Redsfest?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Just read through my copy for the third time. I can't believe how many inside stories you had about Puffy.

Very well done.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?