Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has a 14-year old unlocked an SAT secret?

Re: Has a 14-year old unlocked an SAT secret?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    If we are going to get rid of the SAT / ACT, then should we also get rid of the GRE, GMAT, MCAT and LSAT as a component of a graduate school application?

What about lawyers having to pass the Bar Exam, Accountants passing the CPA exam, Doctors passing their medical board exams, PhDs passing their Comps, etc?
    The GRE doesn't predict success in grad school and comps are a waste of everyone's time, so yeah, I'd be cool with getting rid of them both.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: Has a 14-year old unlocked an SAT secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm not sure if that is true or not. I have to believe (with no evidence to back this assertion up) that studies have been done that support a pretty strong correlation between SAT score and academic performance in college.
    1340 SAT (pre essay)

2 years before kicked out of college and had to transfer

small sample size
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

Turn Off Ads?