Here is yet another musing on how Scott Podsednick is a good fit for the Reds who 'need a leadoff batter for left field'. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/1...ee-agents.html
I keep reading these speculations & the more I read them the more I get that slight nausea feeling rising up from my stomach. Please Walt: NO!!!!!!!!!!
1) he was a 0.4 WAR player last year
2) in the last 4 years he has a total of 0.9 WAR
3) he has no power
4) if he could play a strong centerfield he would have some value. however, he isn't a good defender even in left
5) Lance Nix ( 2.6 WAR total over the last two years) is a better player than Podsednick & I want a guy like Lance on the bench not as a starter
6) in short he would not help the team
The Reds need strong offensive production from whoever plays left field. Its left field not shortstop. Its one of THE key spots where a team needs a thumper. At a minimum we need a LH version of Gomes to make a platoon (and I would like to aim higher than that).
Lets all hope Walt is a lot smarter than all the folks in the media who seem to think the Reds should get Podsednick.