Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joe Morgan out at ESPN

Joe Morgan out at ESPN

Morgan and Jon Miller being replaced for Sunday Night Baseball, per Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/5684849/joe-morgan-is-done-at-espn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joe Morgan out at ESPN

Too bad we never play on Sunday night. I wish for one time, we would. It would be sweet to be on...
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Big League Stew over on YahooSports is practically throwing a kegger over there about this.

ESPN is junk anymore. Every other week there's yet another channel, and they keep hiring guys who know nothing about the sport they're supposed to be covering. Don't get me started on those idiots they hired to cover the NASCAR events, who don't know a lugnut from a walnut....

Well, I agree that ESPN is full of shyte, but Joe Morgan has made me sick for years. Good riddence as far as I'm concearned!

BTW, what Reds anouncer will be axed to make room for Joe? You better believe it's gonna happen.
    Last edited by Magdal; 11-09-2010 at 03:17 AM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I don't have feelings one way or the other for Joe Morgan. He neither turned me off or impressed me.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Both were incredibly boring, watching sunday night baseball (aka yankees vs redsox) was a bit like taking poison in low doses. It didn't kill you right away, but over time your body couldn't tolerate it anymore, and you end up in the fetal position on your bathroom floor in a pool of your own vomit... just speaking from personal experience. Miller is aweful, how he is a hall of famer I will never know. I would rather listen to Thom and the Cowboy anytime.

i've heard from many many sources that Joe is a jackass in real life.. Has anyone else heard this??

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    i've heard from many many sources that Joe is a jackass in real life.. Has anyone else heard this??
    Yes, but most celebs are when not in front of the camera or mic. I grew up knowing a kid until he was drafted to the bigs @ age 20. He was the sweetest person I ever knew.

Fast forward 10 years and the S.O.B. would not even nod recognition to his childhood friends after a game outside of the ball park.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Miller is about as good as it gets and I like Little Joe, too.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Miller is about as good as it gets and I like Little Joe, too.
    I like Miller, too. Morgan was ok when he concentrated on explaining plays in the field and not how Sabrmetrics suck.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I'm with you. I loved them and it's going to be odd watching a sunday night game with someone else doing the broadcast.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Only met him once at a minor league game in 94 or so, but he was pretty nice guy and talked with me for awhile, didnt get any bad vibes or sign of being a jerk, but who knows. Anyone can be on any given day, and also have to take into account why they may have been a jackass, what did they say or do to make them respond in that way, etc...Or may be just be a natural born ass. Have been a lifelong Johnny Bench fan, first time I actually met him he was the biggest jerk I have come across in past or current players (and was everytime since unfortunately).
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I got to have lunch with him last year at an auto dealership seminar (a friend was the instructor). He answered all my questions, but wasn't really that friendly.

In line with another recent thread, he believes Concepcion should be in the hall.

Turn Off Ads?